Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Shhh, I know debates are exciting, but please everyone, stay very still. Here, take these binoculars. If we're in luck we may catch a glimpse of that most elusive of all candidates, the fabled Blue Martin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Joementum posted:

Jim Webb just retweeted this, so he's apparently still alive.

https://twitter.com/WebbNation2016/status/688745601312358400

So either Webb independent run or Trump/Webb '16 confirmed depending on how you read this.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

"Martin Luther King J-uh...day...tomorrow."

Lol hillary

Sanders, "Dr Martin Luther King JUNIOR"

I hope this gets made into a thing

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Bernie young people who know what's going on also know your anecdotes aren't what proves it

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

TNO posted:

So, Bernie?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Hillary's decision to hammer the Obama thing so hard reinforces my belief in their strategy: hang tight and pray fkr a narrow Iowa win, but for God's sake don't let bernie Killer Mike/MLK his way to stealing the black vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

Bernie Sanders will be the death of the moderate and acceptable wing of the Democratic party.

Why does Senator Sanders seek to kill the essence of the Obama administration so rabidly?

Sanders v Trump: reluctantly choosing a demotion to typical European democracy and irrelevance over the prospect of nuclear winter

And to that to the guy celebrating a return to isolationism, at this point much of our economy is based on intervention and world hegemony. We need to return more of that profit to the shareholder (citizens) instead of funneling it to multinationals, not give up what strength we have.

Let me put it this way, colonialism has a proven track record but only when the aggressor is the strongest power by a factor of ten as we are now (Spain and Britain in certain eras come to mind). Isolationism has an awful track record even among impressive countries.

Before you try to make an economic argument, and I'd be glad to see a good one, I'm an econ major. Current models do not account for the possibility of bullying, tribute, vassal states, etc. And yes, I'm a monster, but at least I'm a monster for my fellow citizens.

• Locked thread