Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

EugeneJ posted:

Start a kiddie table debate at 8:00pm where it's just MOM debating himself

Bring back Webb and Chafee for the unidentified man to have partners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Maybe a stupid question, but I'm watching the debate via live stream with a friend tonight but she won't get here until 7PT. Is it possible to pause the live stream when it starts and continue it after an hour so we don't miss anything?

That'll depend on the streaming service you use, the Youtube stream should be the most reliable to do that with.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Cool. I plug my ps4 directly with ethernet so if I start the YouTube stream and pause it and wait, it should pick up where it left off? That's good to know.

I'm not sure how it works on the PS4's youtube app, but it works on regular computer browser Youtube.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Turnquiet posted:

So did DWS arbitrarily include O'Malley though he polls in like the sub 1%? I have been unplugged from how the DNC has been trying to bury Bernie so I don't know the latest scuttlebutt.

He doesn't poll sub 1%. His national average is about 2%, and he managed to get a poll at 5% in either NH or IA in the past 4 weeks.

He'd peaked at 4.7% in national poll averages at the end of December, as well.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Not a Step posted:

Hillary is the most competent debater in the primary who will consistently wipe the floor with Bernie on foreign policy and defense, but because bullshit went down in 2008 the DNC foolishly tried to protect her by limiting debates and keeping a rodeo clown around to keep the heat off

You're really not paying attention to things if you think there was wacky poo poo done to get O'Malley in. He just barely squeaked by on long-set restrictions, and he probably won't make it next month unless he really picks up again, to the point he was at the end of 2015.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Puppy Galaxy posted:

The gently caress is Martin Omalley doing here

He got a 5% poll in Iowa at the beginning of the month.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

blue squares posted:

Is this the very first debate on network television? Its nice to not have to watch a delayed internet stream

November's was on CBS. December's was on ABC. And February's going to be on PBS.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

XK posted:

Since an AR-15 is less powerful than most hunting rifles, it's also disconnected from reality. That's the sort of statement that alienates gun owners.

Obsessive gun owners deserve to be alienated.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

blue squares posted:

This debate is 2 hours?

As far as the TV guide info says yeah. Some of that is going to be for intermissions and ads though

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

raskalnikov_86 posted:

Slightly off topic, I'm streaming on Youtube and it says only around 300k people are watching. Is that accurate?

There's a lot more people watching on TV, and also the restreams.

And besides that, the youtube viewer counter can be a little wacky for livestreams

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Acquilae posted:

in this day and age, your credibility is based on twitter followers and youtube views :suicide:

hell, it's marginally more meritocratic then being a tv star was

Abel Wingnut posted:

maybe it's the fact i've only watched the republican debates but everyone on the stage is doing well
yeah all three of them are actual politicians, and they're not trying to handle being part of a 7+ person clown car "debate"

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
a youth voter is someone who doesn't vote, hth

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
martin o malley vows to arrest 1/6 of wall street

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Rollofthedice posted:

how many people in america sound like MOM, and where

I need to know so I can avoid them

a couple million, in maryland and northern virginia/south central pa/most of delaware/parts of west virginia

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
15 vs 8

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
i don't like that animation style tbh

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
"please sir, may i have some more?" - unidentified man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Logikv9 posted:

the FEC chairman was a corporate shill but he hosed them over with net neutrality. working with corporations doesn't make you a shill for life i guess

edit: *always make you a shill for life

fun fact: the fcc guy has a nice book out on how the telegraph was important to abraham lincoln's control of what was going on in the civil war:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MAH786/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1

• Locked thread