Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mercury_Storm posted:

RBF (replace by fee) is their genius solution to the problem of your transaction never going through because you didn't pay enough fees, so you can re-initiate the transaction with a new fee so it will actually happen...

Only thing is when you re-initiate it you can also set the payee to someone else, so you can just set it to yourself and the original person never receives the coins.

As stated in the article pretty much everyone thinks this is a terrible idea, but the bitcoin devs put it in anyways so welp!

Oh man, I remember when one of the major selling points of BitCoin was "no chargebacks". Now, the developers put it in due to demand and it instantly got abused more than chargebacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Logansryche is my all time favourite buttcoin artist and I'm not surprised he has yet another hair brained scheme based around donations (that won't make him jack poo poo).

Not knowing anything about SecondLife though, I'm quite confused as to what the $2,000 he wants will go to.

Sounds like server maintenance of these Fur Valley sims. These are private sims, so maintenance for one sim can be anywhere from $75-$295 per month, depending on the level of performance and how much traffic you want to handle. The thing is that Fur Valley that he wants to restore was something like 43 sims, which would at least be $3,225 per month for all low-impact sims.

• Locked thread