Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I'm glad I've taken business/finance/econ classes because I think this poo poo is hilarious but I think it's really hilarious when you have a decent understanding of how monetary systems are supposed to work.

City of Tampa posted:

I just want to find someone in Colorado or California who will mail me weed in exchange for paypal, why do I need to get TOR and go on usenet or whatever?

just put the weed in a box and mail it to me. I'll say they are CDs or golf balls to paypal

we can work something out I'm sure :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Shark posted:

Hey Moridin, just so you know that someone is pulling for you, I contacted a few mods about your weirdo cyber-stalker and they agreed it's dumb as hell, that they're discussing what to do, and that there are plans to make it so that in the future mods won't be able to probate multiple times for a single post :thumbsup:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

godspeed

EorayMel posted:

I don't understand why people would order dubious research chemicals to smoke/snort.

What the hell are you expecting? :psyduck:

I had a friend in college that would do that and yeah I always thought he was a bit of a moron considering we could get E and acid and shrooms and DMT easily.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 22, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did he discover calculus or did he create it?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Maw posted:

Nnnnnnnnnnnn why is my country doing dumber and dumber things every day ffffffff

don't worry guv LORD FREUD has you covered (lol your country is hosed and yes that's that dude's actual title and name)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i guess ima regret this but uh

what is 'dogging' in that context?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

univbee posted:

Public outdoor gangbangs.

lol and is that a popular activity over there?

sounds like a good time

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

IM FROM BUENOS AIRES AND I SAY KILL EM ALL!!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that's impossible guns are illegal in germany

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
just from super briefly skimming the link provided, it looks like the insurance company said 'you didn't get hacked, you got email phished which is just you being an idiot. there is no actionable claim here.'

quote:

We are unaware of any evidence to support that the perpetrator gained access to the Bitpay computer system or device. The ultimate transfer of bitcoins did not result from the perpetrator's access to the Bitpay computer system or device. Ultimately Mr. Krohn's superiors made the decision to send bitcoins in three separate transactions, prior to receiving payment

So, "you just hosed up that's not on us."

It's like if you get Nigeria scammed then try to make an FDIC claim saying the money you wired away was stolen from the bank.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's all about the dogecoin

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i'm so smart for trading on the market, dumbo women

*trades penny stocks because he's a lazy shitter*
*posts PHAT GAINZ to the reddit before the inevitable total account wipeout 3 months later*

BUUUUHHHHHHH WHAT HAPPENED I WAS SO SMART

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee posted:

How do investments go to -100k?

He shorted a penny stock which then skyrocketed. It later crashed to bankruptcy (meaning he woulda made money) but his brokerage margin called him because he was -$100k and closed out the account haha.

When you short you borrow stocks, sell them, then hope later the price is lower than you sold it for. Later you need to 'cover' your short by buying the stock back and returning the shares to the person you borrowed them from (usually your broker). This is pretty much all automated nowadays but that is what happens. That's why your broker needs to have the stock in their 'inventory' (or get them from a clearing house or whatever) for you to short it.

So, what happens if you borrow stocks and sell them for $0.50 each but suddenly they are worth $80/ea and your broker is going 'hey I want that back now before the price goes up anymore because we have no confidence in your ability to repay us and we aren't going to absorb this loss anymore?' You're hosed that's what.

Dude was an idiot for shorting a penny stock and for not having a stop loss set up (not that it'll save you if the price moves fast enough). Generally it's a moronic idea to short penny stocks for exactly this reason but ofc that doesn't stop lazy 'get rich quick' people from doing it.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 5, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Three-Phase posted:

Does the broker get left holding the bag if he just declares bankruptcy?

yeah, that's why after a certain point they close out the account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
crypto hipster

• Locked thread