Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.oh97d91e

prominent bitcoin app developer gives up in a long rear end article :

quote:

Think about it. If you had never heard about Bitcoin before, would you care about a payments network that:
Couldn’t move your existing money
Had wildly unpredictable fees that were high and rising fast
Allowed buyers to take back payments they’d made after walking out of shops, by simply pressing a button (if you aren’t aware of this “feature” that’s because Bitcoin was only just changed to allow it)
Is suffering large backlogs and flaky payments
… which is controlled by China
… and in which the companies and people building it were in open civil war?
I’m going to hazard a guess that the answer is no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I'm watching John Wick.,it kind of owns

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

the black husserl posted:

goons have been talking poo poo about bitcoin for years but it just keeps getting more valuable and legit. please explain.

We backed CosbyCoin but then...

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Strategic Tea posted:

So let me get this right you can have dirty fiat backed by the military and industrial might of a superpower or you can have bitcoins backed by the ability to perform completely pointless calculations?

Well, that's not fair, when you say it like THAT...

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

EorayMel posted:

Pictured: very simple method of exchange.

Note the pants-less pervert central to the bitcoin transaction process

Hmmm yes this seems like a great idea

I specially like the Nonces

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Everyone deserves love :3:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

cumshitter posted:

I'm pretty sure a South American poster named Magrov poked a few holes in the Brazil story. One of them being that the locations the writer mentions can't be easily reached since the area is one giant forest.

Also brasilians wouldn't let a foreign man sleep with their daughter, small house or no

Also no matter how hot it is, they don't go naked to bed together

Also the whole "yeah there was an officer who knew what Bitcoin was" years ago in a Podunk part of Brazil

Sounds like a first worlder making up a story about his amazing trip to the jungles, saved of course by Bitcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Edminster posted:

atlas moved to canada and became an immortal

bruce tried to get Occupy Wall Street people to shower in his apartment and then dropped off the grid for a while, but briefly resurged by trying to get everybody to use a gay hookup app in order to facilitate face-to-face bitcoin transactions

Lol, remember Occupy Wall Street

What a waste of everyone's time

• Locked thread