Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Th NYSE is looking shaky these days. Prolly Bitcoin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
The FBI bookmarked this thread

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Serrath posted:

She hasn't told her partner she's going to sell them yet. I haven't met him but he's probably going to flip his poo poo, he looooooves his bitcoins

From memory, but your a smart guy serrath, how do you know idiots like this? Please have them film the back alley rape/transaction

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I followed all the threads. And this poo poo is boring. Fresh news?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Shutting down a hospital with babies and old people sick is really cool.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Professor Shark posted:

Anyway, just to clarify, I don't really think that the bad man should be put to death, I do think he should focus on other people, however

Tia for supporting my position. Let's target orphanages and hospice centers next.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I had to design a 5 9 availability solution for a customer. You know how much money that takes? I want more than that out of my currency system.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

QuarkJets posted:

Also (from the green thread) there's either some fuckery going on with a 50% attack or BitBet is preparing to pull an exit scam

They should pay in cash.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tuxedo Gin posted:

they exist because of boomers and because of fees

you're lucky your water bill has only a $3 fee to pay online

last place i lived charged $7.50 for an online payment

I don't understand why businesses do this - charge a fee for an electronic transaction that costs less, is immediately verifiable (no insufficient funds returns), doesn't require imaging/storing paper, and likely has a lot of other manual processes associated with it. My mortgage company does this.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tuxedo Gin posted:

people who say checks are backwards have no room to complain when "cash only" exists.

holy poo poo the number of restaurants that are cash only. gently caress that. i'm not carrying around wads of bills and coins, and i'm certainly not using the ATM with fees in your lobby

my phone case has a slot for cards and i carry my driver's license and debit card in it. that's it.

Lol u pay ATM fees. Mines free even 7$ ones in Vegas. Poor, maintain a balance and it's free. Actually I get 2.5% on my checking too. Less than Bitcoin tho

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Partycat posted:

Amex did this exact thing for me, including the lunch fraud. Bitcoin hasnt caused me any fraud but I'm not dumb enough to use it. Yet.

Amex has this poo poo on lock. We pay for that.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

turbomoose posted:

This article is terrible. I work at a company that makes check fraud software for banks and while most of what is in here is correct, he kind of shows why checks are fine to use at the end of the article; you almost always get your money back. If you complain to a bank about unauthorized funds they will refund you. On top of that, personal check fraud is one of the least common types of check fraud and WAY WAY easier to catch.

Most check fraud is done with corporate accounts since there are way more transactions and thus it is easier to hide. In addition, the amounts are actually worth going after. Companies writes checks for tens of thousands of dollars, people write checks for maybe hundreds.

The situation he describes here:
"it’s possible for a sneaky fraudster to quietly siphon relatively small sums out of our accounts for years without us noticing."
never happens. Because no one is risking that much for like $10/month, when you could do it once for $10k

You just shut this dead thred down bro

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

He shorted a penny stock which then skyrocketed. It later crashed to bankruptcy (meaning he woulda made money) but his brokerage margin called him because he was -$100k and closed out the account haha.

When you short you borrow stocks, sell them, then hope later the price is lower than you sold it for. Later you need to 'cover' your short by buying the stock back and returning the shares to the person you borrowed them from (usually your broker). This is pretty much all automated nowadays but that is what happens. That's why your broker needs to have the stock in their 'inventory' (or get them from a clearing house or whatever) for you to short it.

So, what happens if you borrow stocks and sell them for $0.50 each but suddenly they are worth $80/ea and your broker is going 'hey I want that back now before the price goes up anymore because we have no confidence in your ability to repay us and we aren't going to absorb this loss anymore?' You're hosed that's what.

Dude was an idiot for shorting a penny stock and for not having a stop loss set up (not that it'll save you if the price moves fast enough). Generally it's a moronic idea to short penny stocks for exactly this reason but ofc that doesn't stop lazy 'get rich quick' people from doing it.

Holy fic a Mordin post I agree with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

max4me posted:

That caliconnect moron who trade marked his silkroad name got busted from modesto of all loving places.

I would like to think that he had connections to pot growers, but it totally possible he just had a Medical Pot card and went to a pot shop to fill orders.

I live in the central valley and their are loving green cross shops everywhere hell i have a cousin who basically sleeps in one, he says its a bunch of gangbangers trying to go legit.

I can also say this you get these growers and gently caress everyone one is growing. The first step is to hot tap the power to your house to steal electricity. New homes that dont have a over head drop from the pole ( a weather head) but instead have conduct from the ground. Seems the conduct is plastic so put on some line man gloves and take some nylon rope and a few hours of rubbing you can tap into the power.

Now with all those lights your are gonna need some cooling, so most growers get a mini split system.

I had a system put in my workshop and they install thought I was gonna grow pot hence the weird conversation about how they do this poo poo.

The current big thing is THC extract or wax/shatter If you see a bunch of butane bottles in a dumpster that is what they were making. I saw apartment building a few blocks from me burn down because the assholes was doing that poo poo inside and turned on his loving garbage disposal.

Waiter, I'll have what he's having.

• Locked thread