Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Ah, I knew dramas were like that, but I didn't know they were doing that with comedies too.

This is a good show and scratches that Police Squad! itch really well.

A lot of cable comedies are going with the BBC model. If you've got 10 or so writers in the room, somebody can usually think of a decent joke to replace a weak joke. If you have two or three writers working on a show, well, they can only think up so many decent jokes.

For example, South Park is one of Comedy Central's biggest shows, has a half dozen writers, (or at least they did back when "Six Days to Air" was filmed) and they still only do 10 episode seasons.

As for Angie Tribeca, I don't think Jones quite has the Leslie Nielsen vibe quite down. Nothing against her personally, it's just that half the fun of something like Airplane! or Police Squad! is watching serious actors saying silly things in a serious tone of voice. It's just not quite the same having comedic actors saying silly things while acting serious, but that's a minor complaint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Air is lava! posted:

Okay. I realize that this is a stupid and terrible thing to get hung up on, but was that just stupid random nonsense, or is kangaroo meat actually illegal in the US? That stuff is delicious and healthy. And it's not like kangaroos are endangered.

I actually want to go eat some of that stuff now.

30 seconds of googling, and apparently kangaroo meat is legal in the US, except for California.

• Locked thread