Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The Ghost looking a little flabby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

lol at guerrero's dad

You could basically post this at any time in the last two years without seeming out of place

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
guerrero's giving danny some hell. good fight.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

This scrappy pace of fighting definitely benefits The Ghost. Danny is loading up on some big counters though.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

The Ninth Layer posted:

This scrappy pace of fighting definitely benefits The Ghost. Danny is loading up on some big counters though.

most have glanced though. his best punches so far have been to the body.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
It started good and through 4 it has only gotten better each round

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I like how their styles match up.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Garcia has his moments but seems uncomfortable against Guerrero's constant pressure and activity. Still looking to catch Guerrero coming in, but Guerrero isn't letting him get set for one at any point.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

true to my word i put a few dollars on guerrero by points and i'd say i'm in for a shot if those body shots don't cripple him in the later rounds.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

After round 6 that bet isn't looking so hot. Danny coming on strong now.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

holy gently caress garcia woke up

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

After round 6 that bet isn't looking so hot. Danny coming on strong now.

yeah i think it's over. c'est la vie. it was still a good bet at those odds.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah, wonder how the start of the next round will be, did he need time to get into it, can he start right there again?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Guerrero has eaten a lot of shots and it's starting to show, he's not as sharp or energetic as he was in rounds 1-4.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Guerrero has eaten a lot of shots and it's starting to show, he's not as sharp or energetic as he was in rounds 1-4.

nothing on his punches no more.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

holy gently caress those unofficial scorecards

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sounds like Guerreros corner wants to see something this round.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
The more that Im in the ring with someone I know them more than I know their mother

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I have this fight even through 8, with Garcia having all the momentum.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I have this fight even through 8, with Garcia having all the momentum.

i got it 5-3 but possibly 4-4 as r3 was very close.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Danny has solved the Ghost. His defense and timing are on point now, looks very comfortable. Guerrero's punches are being pushed out.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i'm surprised that garcia hasn't started using his mastery of guerrero to move forward more.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Whatever announcer said that it's frustrating watching Guerrero not try anything different, is on point. He's had a few good shots, but hasn't won many rounds. I guess he thinks he might get lucky in the next 6 minutes?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

i'm surprised that garcia hasn't started using his mastery of guerrero to move forward more.

What's the point though? Just extra risk, he's pretty handily winning, and Guerrero isn't switching things up.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

guerrero should've gone harder in the crossfit classes imo

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

so loving future posted:

Whatever announcer said that it's frustrating watching Guerrero not try anything different, is on point. He's had a few good shots, but hasn't won many rounds. I guess he thinks he might get lucky in the next 6 minutes?

Garcia is negating most of what he can do. Danny moves back from him, forcing him to follow, and then times Guerrero as he comes in. Robert's best bet is trapping Garcia up against the ropes, but Danny's lateral movement isn't letting him do that.Guerrero can't really hang back and let the quicker Garcia throw against him, he has to get in on Danny and hope he lands a good punch or three.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ooo close round. this is a good fight.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

This could end up being a very close decision. I scored the very close round 10 to Garcia and he's up 3 rounds on my card, but I gave him the close rounds 3 and 10, and those two rounds could swing it to the Ghost. Robert is having a strong 12th round too.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I was just thinking how if Garcia lets it go to the cards he may be shocked at what the judges saw; wouldn't be the first time.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I gave the 12th to Guerrero. Danny's up by 2 on my card but again I gave him rounds 3 and 10, either of which could have gone to Guerrero.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

loving sick round. anywhere between guerrero by 1 or garcia by 3 is fine with me.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's my understanding that judges often value aggression and it was certainly one guy chasing the other for the 8 rounds I saw.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
I'm a little skeptical of these punch stats

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that was such a great fight. i'm glad i started watching boxing again after the last few years. thanks for that the ninth layer, it's your op's that brought me back.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ehhh the scorecards were pretty good.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Wider than the fight I saw but not unreasonable, the right guy won. Crowd isn't happy about it haha.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Seems another challenger has entered the ring, but I don't think she'll make weight :3:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

This was a good night of boxing and a good card for PBC, I think Thurman-Porter is another great match. Hoping to see more fights like those made in the next month or two, there's still a very open April/May/June period open.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

garcia vs brook would be good in the summer maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

Boooo. Pretty disappointing ending. A broken jaw is a broken jaw though, can't really afford to take even more damage as a boxer.

Apparently Mansour not only broke his jaw, but shredded his tongue in round 2. After the fight he received 36 stitches for it.

Still don't like Breazeale and he didn't do great in that fight, but I can't really take issue with somebody winning a fight by hurting the other guy a whole lot with punches to the face. That's the kind of the point.

I see Breazeale getting fed to somebody soon. Probably Charles Martin. It would be a decent test for Martin.

• Locked thread