Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
http://myanimelist.net/anime/31163/Dimension_W

Official Synopsis:
In the year 2072, the world's energy problems seem solved by a network of cross-dimensional electric-field inductors—"coils"—that extract energy from a seemingly infinite source. That source is the W dimension, a fourth plane that exists beyond the X, Y, and Z dimensions.

In this world, unofficial "illegal" coils harness powers that the police can't hope to counter. Dealing with these coils is the job of coil-hating repo man Kyoma, whose run-in with the unique coil android Mira leads the two to form a reluctant partnership.

The basic rundown:
New form of seeming limitless engery has been made, oil is all but banned, and a bounty hunter is out to take down scum bags.

Characters:

Kyouma Mabuchi: This dude is like Spike from Cowboy bebop and Mugen from Samurai Champloo rolled in to one classy rear end dude. He basically is on the hunt for illegal users of energy coils, but also loves to fix up old cars that use gas.

Mira: Andriod/Robot who is wanting to help her "father" out by giving him coils. This causes the MC and Mira to meet.

Professor The "father" of Mira, he basically brought the world into limitless energy, regrets doing it and paid a high price for it.

Overall this show is lining up to be AOTS and you should watch it ESPECIALLY if you liked Giant Robo, because the anime gives some heavy undertones to it.

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Everything Burrito posted:

You might put the blonde guy from New Tesla in the OP Dilbert, since he's gonna show up a lot to annoy Mabuchi

Yeah watching Ep 2 right now probably going to update after I finish it, but drat this show is good

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Droyer posted:

This is incorrect. She's a robot

Correct just got to where they confirmed it, didn't realize EP 2 was out yet. EP 1 left off with some questions.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Namtab posted:

The cross ange of 2016????

Let's not get ahead of ourselves

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Wow this episode was certainty something else

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Torquemadras posted:

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand dropping this

Maybe I'll watch it once it finishes, if it gets more interesting later on. So far, there's been pretty much nothing I'd return for. Certainly nothing as impressive as I'd hoped it would be.

Nono keeps her throne.

This is kinda feeling like it is going to pull a gangsta on me

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

a kitten posted:

Toonami promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qii6pBx5Ucs

Now, to watch today's episode.

Is that? Space Dandy's VA?

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

a kitten posted:

I thought so too, but i guess not

Primary Cast:
Kyoma: Christopher R. Sabat
Albert: Eric Vale
Mira: Jad Saxton
Loser: J. Michael Tatum

wow it sounds really similar

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
So the dub of this airs tomorrow night to replace AkG in case anyone was wondering, it seems to be fairly well done as well.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Butt Ghost posted:

Sometimes people just don't like things, or at least not like them as much as others. It doesn't necessarily involve the work not being the next Cowboy Bebop, or having something shoved up your butt.

I like it, the spooky episode was the only one I would rate "bad" of the series, which wasn't even that terrible. It kinda gives a DtB/CB vibe to it without being too overly topish to carry itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
I'm really enjoying the dub, everyone sounds pretty spot on

• Locked thread