Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Third episode lacked the 'wow' factor I got from the first two, but the cute parts were inoffensively cute, and the show teased enough of the larger goings-on to keep me invested. I'd say it easily passes the 3 episode test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Droyer posted:

Also the 3 episode test is dumb
poo poo man, I didn't make it half an episode into Komugi-chan before I bailed. I'm just casting my vote for the sake of anyone reading the thread who's been on the fence.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I love the idea of a 'ghost' who knows he's already dead (or never existed in the first place), but still wants to preserve his weird quantum-splinter-parallel-universe-whatever even to the point of murdering his 'true' self because that's the only way he and his ghost posse can survive(?). On the other hand, that I need to resort to such a vague, uncertain description to explain the plot is really not a point in these episodes' favor. There are too many disparate elements that don't justify their inclusion--either they should've been cut to narrow the focus of the plot, or given additional time to flesh out their role. Seriously, what was the point of gothic cosplay girl in these episodes?

I'm hoping the next arc will dive into the main plot, and make the pacing less of an issue. It probably sounds like I hate the show, but there were enough promising bits in those first few episodes that I mostly just want Dimension W to get its poo poo together so I can enjoy it unreservedly again.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Okay, I'll withdraw one criticsm of the previous arc--the purpose of goth cosplay girl is forcing Mira make this face:

• Locked thread