Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Serious Frolicking posted:

I find it interesting that Mabuchi isn't an alcoholic. It is usually all but required for this type of character. But instead he seems to spend all his time maintaining his coil-free lifestyle without any other hobbies or interests.

You don't count "busting sick moves" as a hobby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Yeah, I like it too but I'm not 100% sure why. I can sort of see the Bebop influence, but it has a bright, kind of "obvious" veneer which is reminiscent of a hybrid Japanese-American 80's action cartoon at heart. It's like a modern anime based on a 1986 spec script written by Larry Hama.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Serious Frolicking posted:

Edit: Like, having infinite free energy would still be a step up even with the potential danger, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of caution about normal coils. The monitoring is necessary because of the danger, but people accept the monitoring without anyone mentioning that danger. poo poo's weird, is all.

It's possible that New Tesla may just tell people "We need to monitor your cells or else you will die of Undefined Bad poo poo, seriously you don't want to know, but trust us, it'll be a bad scene" and people go "Oh, okay, definitely don't want that." In the meantime, hey, free energy!

This last episode kinda lost me. I'm torn between going to read the manga to see if any of that stuff made sense, and riding it out in hopes that the story aligns somehow.

• Locked thread