Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Gyra_Solune posted:

yeaaah i don't think this was a good past two episodes. it's like, b-movie horror schlock followed by the most disney-rear end ending imaginable and it's not like the spoopy ghost stuff is some kind of prominent part of the story, it's just a weird thing that happened because the number coils are magic.

I was worried I was the only one that had no patience for knockoff hollywood b-movie horror.
I hope they don't keep doing that stuff because I actually enjoyed the first three episodes when the super weird infinite energy generators were super weird infinite energy generators instead of a Necronomicon that summons ghosts. It's magic either way, but they could at least try to stay within a genre for the sake of consistency. Doing weird extra-dimensional poo poo when damaged is one thing, but turning into a heartfelt horror mystery about a tragic mix-up with a twist seems a bit too elaborate for malfunctioning technology.

Seems like a bit of an odd choice to adopt this part given that people have mentioned there's other stuff they've been glazing over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Ka0 posted:

Show had potential, when it was misterious dimension of nondescript horrors. Now that a mastermind crazy demented doctor has appeared and the MCs background is basically "I miss my wife" the story has deflated substantially.

This is true.
I'll keep watching, because I've watched worse and there isn't a lot of anime right now that I'm interested in, but the overarching narrative of the show hasn't really been that compelling to me. It's not bad, but it isn't good either.

• Locked thread