Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
So far so good. Thing I like is that it feels kinda Cowboy Bebop-ish, like an animated pulp fiction magazine and not an animated glossy pervy magazine. Had hit a bad string of shows that I had NOPE-ed out of, so was nice to hit this and remember the kind of show that made me like Anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
It could be that so much Anime is so god awful about fan service, so my standard for acceptable is too leanient, but I don't really get a big fan service vibe. Or, I don't find her level of cuteness any more fan service-y than stuff like the devil character on the live action American Lucifer show on TV.

I think a large part of my brain giving it a pass is that stuff like the shower and the toilet were solid character development. Mabuchi keeps telling us that she should n't act like that, and basically rolling his eyes at the idea that Mira has personal privacy to violate, so any scene where we feel like her privacy is violated conflicts with what characters in the show are saying, which is interesting. Plus Mira being a cute as hell robot cat girl doesn't hurt, like the devil in Lucifer being really handsome British rogueish semi-badboy doesn't hurt, but they both work in the context of the show. Plus I don't recall anyone falling on her and grabbing her boob, her going to the baths and having female characters grabbing her boob, having her panties stolen, etc.

Mostly she is selling that she is a super cutie, which makes us want her to be human despite Mabuchi saying the opposite, and all the other robots they show us supports his default opinion of the situation.

Or I just like the show and want to justify it, but I like the version with the conflict more.

• Locked thread