Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I am enjoying this show. It is stylish, and fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Mira: This might get a little spoiler but you find it out in the first 5 minutes of Episode 1. Suspected Daughter of the scientist who brought infinite energy into the world based off mana from D.R.A.G.O.N.S, who was saved by being augmented after an attack on her fathers lab.

This is incorrect. She's a robot

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I actually checked out the manga after the first episode. The translation was real bad and it stopped in the middle of an arc. One neat thing i noticed though was that they changed who won that robot fight sport in the first episode. In the manga the defending champion won but in the anime the challenger won instead.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

a kitten posted:

Yen Press has the license and are looking to release it this summer. So, if the scans stay bad or get dropped there is hope on the horizon.

last update was in august so

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Yes you do Mira

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Mira was very cute this episode

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Rangpur posted:

Third episode lacked the 'wow' factor I got from the first two, but the cute parts were inoffensively cute, and the show teased enough of the larger goings-on to keep me invested. I'd say it easily passes the 3 episode test.

In the manga there actually was more of a story here, because the accident was set up and kyoma goes after the culprit.

Also the 3 episode test is dumb

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Ka0 posted:

So, how is it that Kyouma can spot an illegal coil.

Well, some of them (like the ones in the first episode) are physically different, and they also implied others had more obvious physical differences. And one of his lines in the second episode implied you cannot use regular coils for illegal activity, so if something illegal happens with a coil, it is an illegal coil.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Wait, really? That is idiotic. Crime isn't gonna go away just because of an infinite energy source. By restricting their use to only legal acts they absolutely guarantee a market for illegal coils and illegal coils can make very bad things happen.

You could also read it as "a coil used for an illegal activity is reclassified as an illegal coil" so :shrug:

edit: also Kyoma specified that the red color, and the subsequent events, weren't because they were illegal.

Droyer fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 1, 2016

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

nielsm posted:

I wonder if there's supposed to be any meaning or reference in the name Mira.

I could imagine it coming from perhaps "mirai" (but that'd seem lame), or perhaps "mirage" (what'd that reference?), but really my best idea is "mirror". For instance, mirroring some alternate reality where the inventor guy did get a (real) daughter.

The inventor had a daughter who got shot down by NTE. She was also the one who named Mira (after Mirai). It was in that video she showed in episode 2

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Dimension Walrus: A realm containing every potential bad post

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Overlord K posted:

I still think Dimension W is pretty good and am still really enjoying it. :colbert:

:same:

I hope the revelation regarding Mira's body is gonna lead to Kyoma eventually treating her as a daughter.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

It would be nice if this helps him become more accepting of robots in general.

She's the only sentient robot though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

built by another guy in memory of his own dead wife

This is incorrect. Mira's earliest memory is Dr. Yurizaki and her daughter being killed. In other words, she was created before that happened.

• Locked thread