Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Haha this is great. I love that the main character is a racist, anti-green-energy luddite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
The normal coil thingies don't just seem to be batteries, but also computers with always-active DRM reporting on your usage, which is necessary and accepted because ???

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

I figured that legal coils are monitored for location and power output and structural integrity, but I don't think they can inherently scan the environment around them. You need physical cameras for that. Still, I'm pretty sure the higher ups at NTE know Mira is a robot, she's pretty lovely at pretending she is not one. It's just that they value Kyouma and his skills and companions higher to stave off the oncoming apocalypse.

Yeah, I don't think NTE are the actual bad guys here. At least not yet. Corporate entities are maladapted for nightmarish fractal hellscapes.

Blond dude says that to make a robot commit murder, you have to use an illegal coil.

"Make sure to only use Energizer batteries when breaking the law. The Duracell ones are sapient and will just shut off."

• Locked thread