Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Thinking maybe we might need a thread name change? :v:

i don't think this needs to become a negative/hate thread just because people are souring over some recent gross stuff that is not indicative of the series so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Hate-thread? Nah. The thread reception just seems like it's been a wee bit too mixed for the title's level of enthusiasm, is all. Plus, it's a missed opportunity for a good joke title, which are half the fun of... whatever we're calling the anime subforum this week.

oh, well Dilbert is the OP and i haven't seen his enthusiasm for the show lessen :shrug:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

no preview of Mira's VA...drat

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so these posts are weird and feel really cynical. the show obviously has issues with violence towards women (what even is Salva's deal) and dead wives as motivation. going so far as to say the villain is a creepy gay who killed the straight guys' wives is what seems like a leap to me, because the dude doesn't really pass anything but the lowest queer bar: he's a little showy. you also somehow think Kyoma is going to make a 180 and want to gently caress Mira because she has the same type of artificial body as his dead wife, that's weird! there is no rapport between the two beyond Mira constantly offering an olive branch that Kyoma shoots down because he hasn't dealt with his trauma. the body reveal seems designed to, at most, knock Kyoma out of being an rear end in a top hat to Mira (which is its own can of worms). finally, mpdg is a bad trope that its own creator hates, and should be killed. i don't think Mira qualifies because she is a pretty full character in her own right and has motivations entirely separate from Kyoma's/Kyoma's well being. his impending character growth isn't even due to her ~healing his tortured soul with constant kindness/support~, it's because she has the same body as his dead wife.

• Locked thread