Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Crain posted:

After trying a few times to explain to friends why they should read this/watch the anime I've come to realize that there is no good way to sum up what Golden Kamui is without missing out a ton of what makes it great.

It's amazing this series works as well as it does considering how many genres and influences go into it.

I'm fond of guro-gourmet chanbara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

do we know how many episodes it is?

Only Twelve episodes.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Lamebot posted:

Sounds like they used voice software for Asirpa's grandmother instead of you know..hiring an ainu speaker. Hope this doesn't become a pattern.

Her voice actress is veteran actress Miyuki Ichijou. I doubt they fed it through a computer.
They have several Ainu advisors, so using a non-native speaker is mostly for logistic reasons.

Here's a sample of Ainu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMzgcaVkn2M

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

That was a very cool chapter. Was it ever established before that Tsurumi understood Russian?

Did you miss the whole flashback that he was a spy in Russia?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

That's the movie version of The Mist, isn't it?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Asirpa's eyes turning black is a nice touch. Tsurumi sure raised a lot of flags by outlining his
future plans. That deed probably is toast, too.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Chapter 312

So good :kiss:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Mons Hubris posted:

I'm just an anime watcher but I gotta know: Is Ogata still alive?

He went out with a bang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

There will be a few more pages in the tankobon release.