Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
There's a new chapter, and it pretty drat great.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/939151/1

Sugimoto vs Hijikata is cool and tense as hell, and the the small visual gags spread across the chapter are really funny (Vasili giving Boutarou the side-eye as he keeps eating after a dude got thrown through two walls and their dinner table had me laughing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
There are so many things to love about this chapter.

Hijikata anticipated that poo poo was going to go down and took off his coat before following Ushiyama. When he spotted Sugimoto, he wasted zero time being surprised or trying to explain, he just tried to gun him down right then and there. Which was a smart move, because by the time Ushiyama stepped in, Sugimoto had knifed the old man in the arm and hit him in the head with a rifle butt.

Sugimoto was winning, in other words.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
New chapter is up:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/951002/1

Not as awesome as the last one, but pretty good chapter anyway.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
https://mangadex.org/chapter/956596/1

Turns out Lt. Tsurumi is even more cunning than anticipated.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Ch 252 is up and it is really good.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Chapter 258 is online.

https://www.mangadex.org/chapter/1086839/1

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
These last two chapters have demonstrated that while Boutarou is outclassed by Sugimoto, Hijikata and Ushiyama, there was a good drat reason he was sent to the hardest prison in Japan. His facade of good cheer and friendliness is only a mask, the look on his face before snatching Koito is the real Boutarou the Pirate.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Oh Snapple! posted:

New chapter

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1106815

That ending sequence is loving magical.

It really is.

copy posted:

The sheer levels of stark brutality and merry whimsy that this manga manages to balance are god drat staggering.

drat straight.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

yum posted:

Tsukishma's face on page 11 is scary asf.

I think that's the first time Koito was able to talk to Tsurumi directly, instead of whispering to Tsukishma's ear and have him as a mouthpiece. And the good sergeant doesn't like that. Not one bit.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

quote:

Q4: You mentioned in a previous Q&A that the fur Asirpa wears belonged to Retar’s parent despite you being unable to find a place for it in the story. Are there any other details that couldn’t make it?

Noda: The boots Sugimoto is wearing while in Hokkaido were stripped off the officer he beat half to death.

Holy poo poo.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Holy poo poo.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Holy poo poo, we gotta be either nearing the endgame or are there already.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Mangadex may be down, but Chapter 272 can be downloaded from EHScans homepage.

As for the chapter, gently caress you sergeant Tsukishima, you've chosen the worst possible path.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

HouseofGlass posted:

Unfortunately, Noda is going on a month-long break after this chapter. So I guess now's a good time to catch up if you've fallen behind!

After Kentaro Miura's sudden and premature death, every time a mangaka goes on a break I go "Good, you do that".

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Yeah, it was pretty clear the endgame was upon us when they revealed the location the tattooed skins pointed to.

Now, everyone, place your bets, who will live and who will die?

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Pewdiepie posted:

I think old katana guy with the billy goat beard survives.

Historically, you'd be correct, he lived until 1915.

Then again, historically Hijikata would have been dead for decades by the time Golden Kamui takes place.

I think Shiraishi and Asirpa are going to live for sure, but everyone else could as easily live or die.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Goddamn.

I should have seen this coming, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
And that's all folks.

Hell of a ride, and the TL team went above and beyond in their efforts.

Dunno what I feel about the afterword though: "I had a deadline set for me by external factors , and as a result the art suffered, and I almost killed myself finishing the series in time. Anyway, now I am going to go back and fix all the art I am not happy about for volume releases." Being a mangaka sure is tough.