Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/comment/articles/2016-01/15/syria-isis-kevin-dawes

quote:

The abuse he endured from his fellow goons on Something Awful, insists Hendricks, was a "major motivation" for Dawes wanting to go to Syria - he wanted to prove everyone wrong.

It's a pretty interesting article and gives some insights into the more human side of Caro. Surprisingly, it assumes he's still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

caro is a skeleton now

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I was a member of a ghoulish conspiracy mongering forum that made him do those things he did.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Caro dead, so what

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
didn't caro vanish about the same time al baghdadi came to power. JUST SAYING

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

caro is a skeleton now

Caro is performing unqualified battlefield surgery in the skeleton wars now.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i told caro to kill himslef and he listened, which gives him points in my book

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

this is so important and funny that it needs 2 threads

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
stay safe caro ghost

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
This is the first I've heard of this guy and it seems horribly tragic and also pretty close to home. You people are monsters.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
God what a pussy.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

atma posted:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Dorkopotamis posted:

you people are monsters.

nah dude the real monsters are the san diego police and SA mods who conspired together to ruin poor caro's life :(

:rip: sweet angel

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

And Qualcomm.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
He was from SD?

Repping the 619 in Syria.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
If only goons had humored his bizarre delusions instead of correctly calling him nuts, this might have had some kind of positive outcome.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Dorkopotamis posted:

This is the first I've heard of this guy and it seems horribly tragic and also pretty close to home. You people are monsters.

What do you mean 'you people'?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
David Beckham Shows You How To Wear A Shawl Collar

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

blugu64 posted:

What do you mean 'you people'?

I think I spoke out of turn.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Nigmaetcetera posted:

If only goons had humored his bizarre delusions instead of correctly calling him nuts, this might have had some kind of positive outcome.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dorkopotamis posted:

caro was a dumb rear end in a top hat that wouldnt take his meds. he'd go into gip and pick fights with the cops there because his mental illness told him cops were stalking him or some poo poo.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Slugnoid posted:

didn't caro vanish about the same time al baghdadi came to power. JUST SAYING

ive never seen both in the same room in fact

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
How unkind of all you to kill this innocent kid.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Mods killed caro

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Yesterday, I explained Caro to my mother. What a world we live in.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
In the article do they talk about that YouTube where he's complaining about traffic getting in the way of his sniper battle?

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk the guy writing it seems like a giant retard, even over the course of his own article you can tell the guy was unhinged and scared away literally anybody dumb enough to be nice to him - to make it worse he was a huge psycho and had guns and knives and obviously would stop at nothing once his little nutter of a mind was set on it. How do you dissuade someone like that?? How can they even be a part of society when they're that hosed up?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

quote:

The previous year, when he'd announced his intention to travel to revolutionary Libya to be a photojournalist and deliver medicine, the response among his enemies [on SA] had been "LOL". But [Caro] had gone anyway and come home with YouTube footage to tell the tale. Now they were sniggering about his Syria plans. He was going to do the same again

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I hope he's dead and didn't have to live long in that Syrian prison Brown Moses said they put him in.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

I hope he's dead and didn't have to live long in that Syrian prison Brown Moses said they put him in.

I wish you would go to a Syrian prison.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Demonachizer posted:

Rude.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Demonachizer posted:

no i wish you would go to a syrian prison

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Demonachizer posted:

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Is it though?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kinda. Maybe just a little *holds index finger and thumb really close together while squinting* just a tiny bit.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Mange Mite posted:

Mods killed caro

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

goons goons, we can ALL go to a syrian prison

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Manlove posted:

Kinda. Maybe just a little *holds index finger and thumb really close together while squinting* just a tiny bit.

You must have put a lot of thought into that. Thank you for taking my inquiry seriously. The stage directions were a bit redundant but I appreciate the effort.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Too bad they didn't show Vilerat browsing the forums in 13 Hours instead of playing xbox or whatever. The forums could've been in print and on film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ruddiger posted:

Too bad they didn't show Vilerat browsing the forums in 13 Hours instead of playing xbox or whatever. The forums could've been in print and on film.

michael bay: i really like that posters flashing sig but it needs more explosions

• Locked thread