Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Fiancée is what you call a lady who is going to be married.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Efexeye posted:

If there's one thing you should keep in mind when visiting Kensington, it's that there is no local Starbuck's. This is a very friendly but very protected enclave where vegan cran-apple muffins take the place of Big Macs and anyone who so much as says the words "double mocha venti" might get into trouble if the wrong people are listening. While it can be a great place to bring the kids and spend a day exploring the world, this is not a shopping mall. It's gritty, it's real, and it's organic.

lol

haha yeah gritty is a good description of cran apple muffins! No wife I don't care if their good for me i just want so oreos! WOMEN!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

gently caress you op

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

gritty just means the stoners from the design college with ratty jeans and dreads loiter there

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
i dont give a gently caress

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Parallax Scroll posted:

gently caress you op

Looks like his life is doing a well enough job of that already

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
just set up a small grille to serve your foods on an area with a ton of bars

have a small but focused semi-static menu based on whichever is best enjoyed drunk at 2 am

remember to serve drinks

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

to achieve the spring rolls one must first weather the winter of our discontent. make profit by summer or surely you will fall

i got that from a lovely hand made fortune cookie from kensington market

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"

I.C. posted:

Fiancée is what you call a lady who is going to be married.

Jesus this was enlightening I had no idea that was gender specific. Thank you.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Jesus this was enlightening I had no idea that was gender specific. Thank you.

German is weird like that :science:

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

a starwar betamax posted:

German is weird like that :science:

I don't know what your shtick is here moderator but I think I like it

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Efexeye posted:

If there's one thing you should keep in mind when visiting Kensington, it's that there is no local Starbuck's. This is a very friendly but very protected enclave where vegan cran-apple muffins take the place of Big Macs and anyone who so much as says the words "double mocha venti" might get into trouble if the wrong people are listening. While it can be a great place to bring the kids and spend a day exploring the world, this is not a shopping mall. It's gritty, it's real, and it's organic.

goon project: burn Kensington to the loving Ground

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

goon project: burn Kensington to the loving Ground

Urban redevelopment like in Robocop

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
I want to be angry and critical because I hate my 9-5 and am jealous, but you guys seem like a genuine honest couple, even if I find it all weirdly hipster. I cant donate because payday is 2 weeks away but good luck :)

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Op instead of trying to make fusion Phillipino food because it's a meme or w/e right now, have you thought about basing your restaurant stall on the idea of making food that tastes good? Like maybe the idea behind your food stand could be food that is delicious. Just a thought!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tinder has done it again!

quote:

My girlfriend and I met on Tinder, started a relationship, and then started a business

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

HogX posted:

Op instead of trying to make fusion Phillipino food because it's a meme or w/e right now, have you thought about basing your restaurant stall on the idea of making food that tastes good? Like maybe the idea behind your food stand could be food that is delicious. Just a thought!

HogX, have you thought that perhaps Filipino food is becoming trendy because it tastes good? And maybe the idea behind our stand has already been food that is delicious!

But no seriously her food is glorious and pile on my idiocy all you like but eat it and be saved.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
OP I'm going to donate dollar later this evening if I can get my paypal account unlocked (long story.......:argh:) so what cool prize do I get for my donation? I'd like a tee shirt if I get to choose. do you have anything larger that XXL?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
OP which one of you is Tito?

OP I'm going to donate dollar later this evening if I can get my paypal account unlocked (long story.......:argh:) so what cool prize do I get for my donation? I'd like a tee shirt if I get to choose. do you have anything larger that XXL?

You know thers a lawsuit that if paypal locked your account or some poo poo you get money from them.
Should check it out.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Microwaves Mom posted:

OP which one of you is Tito?

You know thers a lawsuit that if paypal locked your account or some poo poo you get money from them.
Should check it out.

I'll have to look into that because a little cash right now would be really helpful......

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006

Honestly if you can make me a FrogDog i'll donate :10bux: .

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:lol: at the idea of using Filipino food as a part of some fusion cuisine when Filipino food itself is already a fusion of Chinese, Indian, Spanish, Malay & American cuisine.

Isaw. Dinuguan. Pinackbet. Kare kare.
Bagoong, kalamansi, patis condiments.
Balut.
If you can't get people to like this you might as well just serve them Filipino spaghetti.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

fusion is just a hipster fag term to describe anything not authentic

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007
Filipino food is garbage.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Okay, we are twenty something liberals living in a metropolitan city center in canada.

We are sensitive to and aware of systemic oppression and do our darnedest to limit the effects of my unfair privilege.

We regularly get heated about #alllivesmatter

welp you just triggered all the stealth nazis on this forum

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

id like to hear this story

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Alan Smithee posted:

id like to hear this story

Let's just say sharing your paypal account with your unemployed and severely depressed son isn't such a good idea...................................... :stare:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
roll me one of those cheesecake filled lumpia pinolis the size of a tinikling pole and well talk

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
Maybe you'll be like Seven Lives and make a butt load of money selling super on trend food (seafood tacos! Something Toronto had never seen before)

Or maybe it'll be like 75% of the places that open in the market that are just a bit off the mark with their trend predictions and forget that Toronto is a conservative, provincial city that loves safe consistent food options.

But good luck to you. It's hard work. If it takes off it could really take off, eh?

I'll say that I've never tried Filipino food but your descriptions make me want to give it a shot. Maybe it's something that needs to be explained.

PS once you're up and running PM me and I might be able to hook you up with some morning show producers for a segment (maybe, no promises)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Let's just say sharing your paypal account with your unemployed and severely depressed son isn't such a good idea...................................... :stare:

yikes, how much damage?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Alan Smithee posted:

yikes, how much damage?

To my heart or to my pocketbook?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

dev286 posted:

Maybe you'll be like Seven Lives and make a butt load of money selling super on trend food (seafood tacos! Something Toronto had never seen before)

Or maybe it'll be like 75% of the places that open in the market that are just a bit off the mark with their trend predictions and forget that Toronto is a conservative, provincial city that loves safe consistent food options.

But good luck to you. It's hard work. If it takes off it could really take off, eh?

I'll say that I've never tried Filipino food but your descriptions make me want to give it a shot. Maybe it's something that needs to be explained.

PS once you're up and running PM me and I might be able to hook you up with some morning show producers for a segment (maybe, no promises)

I assume you do this already, being a goon and all, but it would be really cool if you could sneak in some goon refrences on the sly..... let any SA-goon listeners out there know whats up..... get the goonmunity on board!!

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

I assume you do this already, being a goon and all, but it would be really cool if you could sneak in some goon refrences on the sly..... let any SA-goon listeners out there know whats up..... get the goonmunity on board!!

I wouldn't dare leak inside goonformation to the liberal mass media. Even a coded message could be our downfall.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

so did he order the butt model or is it just a regular fleshlight

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

dev286 posted:

I wouldn't dare leak inside goonformation to the liberal mass media. Even a coded message could be our downfall.

sales are up 90 percent since the npr name dropping happend

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

what the gently caress?

no

go to a bank

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Noyemi K posted:

I'm not an expert here but I doubt 18k (or 18+7.5 = 24.5k) is enough to open your business and keep you from sinking in the first year if you're not turning a profit. Jesus christ.

e: maybe if you were running a truck

Holy poo poo that is nothing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
will there be

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lol cook them lumpia

let's be honest here, all goons stop feeling after age 29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

like lumpia more than eggrolls, take out all the bullshit celery and carrots, just put some drat pork

• Locked thread