Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Dug a hole in my monitor where the vote 5 button is and fingerblasted that little turd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I appreciate threads like this where you know something good happened because it's rated gold but the OP provides no clue as to why.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

please take five seconds to think about how your day has been improved by this thread.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

please take five seconds to think about how your day has been improved by this thread.

:five: seconds

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

FIRST TIME posted:

I appreciate threads like this where you know something good happened because it's rated gold but the OP provides no clue as to why.

It's like Happy Days when The Fonz shows up.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Obeah posted:

When I was working as a graphic designer for PAWS Inc. (SE Asian Market) in Muncie, Indiana, I got stuck in what I can only describe as a triplex apartment between a group of BSU students and an elderly, mentally handicapped man who would tell us all about how he was the last person in his assistance program to still have a helper monkey. Apparently they've mostly been phased out or something?

Anyway, the kids who lived next to me in the triplex were obsessed with seeing this grandfathered capuchin and seemed to be split 50-50 on believing it even existed. I'd been there six months, the students almost a year, and none of us had seen or heard this thing in person. Kenneth - the old man - would stand on his end of the house and "water the grass", which really just amounted to chain smoking and hosing his corner of the lawn down. Anytime any of us went outside while he was doing this, he'd yell conversation to us. "Esquire (the monkey) turned off the TV during Final Jeopardy last night. I got so mad..." and "I caught Esquire eating out of the trash again. Such a pain in my rear end." It was nonstop during the summer months.

So at the end of August, I was helping Kenneth with some legitimate yard work. He asked me if I wanted to come over for dinner, and even though Esquire did not come up in the invitation at all, he was my first thought. A chance to confirm this creature's existence. I jumped at the opportunity.

So that night, I have the worst meal of my life. Reheated spaghetti eaten out of Tupperware. No conversation. Just the sounds of us eating. Feeling weirdly nauseous and wanting to go home, I asked Kenneth where Esquire was.

"In my bedroom. He was acting up earlier. and I didn't want him bothering you during supper."

I should have accepted this, but I pressed on, saying I was full and just wanted to meet him before going home. At this point, Kenneth stood up, walked to his bedroom, slammed the door shut, and was in there for maybe five minutes or so. I was about to leave when he came out.

"He's about to bedtime out, but you can see him before you leave."

Here's my memory of that encounter, as filtered through my PTSD (semi-serious here - I could get diagnosed for sure):

Sock monkey sitting in a wicker chair next to a bed. Withered Cracker Barrel price tag still hanging off. White areas of the monkey stained with nicotine. A hole cut in between the legs. Kenneth behind me. The sinking feeling as I realize his hard cock (still in pants, though) is pressed against my back. I forget the exact words, but he did ask me to touch Esquire, so I half heartedly petted it and he slapped the back of my head. Whispered to me "F-fingerblast this little turd." That part I remember perfectly. And I did.

I won't dwell on the rest of the encounter. Suffice to say that it was a bad night for me, and finishing out that lease was hell. I don't regret anything but accepting the dinner invitation. Had I not become finger intimate with Esquire, he very well could have stabbed me. He'd been collecting knives since Vietnam. I noticed several pocket knives on a drawer in the bedroom alone. This was a scary dude, and it's hard to blame myself for it. But anyway, I ended up getting let go from my dream job right before the end of the lease, so obviously I didn't stick around for long.

All of this is just a roundabout way of saying that you should really, really be careful around this neighbor of yours. What seems and reads as funny on SA or to your friends can be a life threatening, terrifying experience irl.

holy gently caress

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

I'd come out to watch that freakshow you're putting on, too...

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Obeah posted:

When I was working as a graphic designer for PAWS Inc. (SE Asian Market) in Muncie, Indiana, I got stuck in what I can only describe as a triplex apartment between a group of BSU students and an elderly, mentally handicapped man who would tell us all about how he was the last person in his assistance program to still have a helper monkey. Apparently they've mostly been phased out or something?

Anyway, the kids who lived next to me in the triplex were obsessed with seeing this grandfathered capuchin and seemed to be split 50-50 on believing it even existed. I'd been there six months, the students almost a year, and none of us had seen or heard this thing in person. Kenneth - the old man - would stand on his end of the house and "water the grass", which really just amounted to chain smoking and hosing his corner of the lawn down. Anytime any of us went outside while he was doing this, he'd yell conversation to us. "Esquire (the monkey) turned off the TV during Final Jeopardy last night. I got so mad..." and "I caught Esquire eating out of the trash again. Such a pain in my rear end." It was nonstop during the summer months.

So at the end of August, I was helping Kenneth with some legitimate yard work. He asked me if I wanted to come over for dinner, and even though Esquire did not come up in the invitation at all, he was my first thought. A chance to confirm this creature's existence. I jumped at the opportunity.

So that night, I have the worst meal of my life. Reheated spaghetti eaten out of Tupperware. No conversation. Just the sounds of us eating. Feeling weirdly nauseous and wanting to go home, I asked Kenneth where Esquire was.

"In my bedroom. He was acting up earlier. and I didn't want him bothering you during supper."

I should have accepted this, but I pressed on, saying I was full and just wanted to meet him before going home. At this point, Kenneth stood up, walked to his bedroom, slammed the door shut, and was in there for maybe five minutes or so. I was about to leave when he came out.

Here's my memory of that encounter, as filtered through my PTSD (semi-serious here - I could get diagnosed for sure):

Sock monkey sitting in a wicker chair next to a bed. Withered Cracker Barrel price tag still hanging off. White areas of the monkey stained with nicotine. A hole cut in between the legs. Kenneth behind me. The sinking feeling as I realize his hard cock (still in pants, though) is pressed against my back. I forget the exact words, but he did ask me to touch Esquire, so I half heartedly petted it and he slapped the back of my head. Whispered to me "F-fingerblast this little turd." That part I remember perfectly. And I did.

I won't dwell on the rest of the encounter. Suffice to say that it was a bad night for me, and finishing out that lease was hell. I don't regret anything but accepting the dinner invitation. Had I not become finger intimate with Esquire, he very well could have stabbed me. He'd been collecting knives since Vietnam. I noticed several pocket knives on a drawer in the bedroom alone. This was a scary dude, and it's hard to blame myself for it. But anyway, I ended up getting let go from my dream job right before the end of the lease, so obviously I didn't stick around for long.

All of this is just a roundabout way of saying that you should really, really be careful around this neighbor of yours. What seems and reads as funny on SA or to your friends can be a life threatening, terrifying experience irl.

lmao you finger banged his fucktoy

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
:yikes:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Obeah posted:

posting from the goldmne

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
my ex-cop neighbor across the street somehow noticed i was smoking a joint on the side of my house and somehow got my probation officers number and narcd me out. my PO really didnt give a gently caress. wish that angry old korean man had just asked me to fist his toy monkey

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

GBS: "F-fingerblast this little turd."

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Obeah posted:

:perfect:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

"Esquire the monkey" hunh, sounds more like He's Queer the monkey, amIright? Actually, I find that story too funny to be true.

Getting to your case, OP, from the sounds of it your neighbour is one of the following:
  • Kind of lonely and signalling his openness to a little chat, if you stop in the hallway for long enough.
  • A pervert, in which case he's scuttling down to the laundry room to sniff your underwear while you do laundry. And when you're off the premises, putting a little stool in front of your front door, standing on the stool with his back to your door, and assfucking the knob. (Don't ask me how I know perverts do this.)

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Obeah posted:

Now that's a post, boys and girls!

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Really going over in my head how it's not gonna be like that, thinking it will though

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Boko Haram posted:

Really going over in my head how it's not gonna be like that, thinking it will though

Just take lube, like a couple of those packs.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i recommend a concealed carry license

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
LETS QUOTE THE HUGE POST AGAIN TO CONTRIBUTE 'LOL.'

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress you i read some of the first page and then a few of the lasts posts of the thread you cant blame me for not knowin geveryone was quoting it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

'get out'

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Good thread. Voted 4.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Charles Bukowski posted:

my finger hurts from all the scrollin :'[

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Smash it Smash hit posted:

my finger hurts from all the scrollin :'[

Vertical mouse, bro.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Vertical mouse, bro.

didnt knwo what this was so i looked it up, looks like a dong

i liek it

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Obeah posted:

i swear i read this somewhere else but i'm 5'ing anyways

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i swear i read this somewhere else but i'm 5'ing anyways

do you read alot of sock monkey fanfics?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Obeah posted:

Muncie, Indiana?

Almost had me on this one nice effort tho

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

i dont

i dont like where this thread went

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Smash it Smash hit posted:

do you read alot of sock monkey fanfics?

maybe

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

that's what you get when you go to a university that sounds like "balls taint"

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Goldmine!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Obeah posted:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

mods, please goldmine soon. the thread is spoiling.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Make gbs great again

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx
i miss skrewloose

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Obeah posted:

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Very good story. Glad to see SA going back to its roots.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Plexiwatt posted:

i miss skrewloose

I miss him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Please goldmine

• Locked thread