Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
I wouldn't rely on trains if you want to get out to more rural places and have limited time. Trains may only be every hour to some places and may stop quite early, depending on where you want to go. If renting a car is an option I would suggest going for it, unless you have the time to spend at other (non-city) places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

TheManWithNoName posted:

I'll be visiting Scotland in mid-November for a couple of weeks, driving up from London. Will everything touristy be shut down for the winter? Any recommendations specific to November? Willing to drive anywhere for worthwhile sights/activities.

I can't think of a reason why anything would be shut...

New Lanark is a nice day out, there's decent nature surrounding it (a lovely waterfall of the Clyde) and New Lanark itself is a historical village you can wander round with mocked-up houses and such.

• Locked thread