Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starksfergie
Jul 24, 2007

I'm just content to relax and drown within myself
Seconding Quiraing, a simply amazing must do! If you can play with your days to make sure you get the best weather you can on Skye, use your nicest day for the Quiraing hike (you won't regret it, take some hiking boots if you expect weather) - oh and whisky tasting at Dunvegan Castle on the western edge of Skye is pleasant too!

Glencoe is a great place to stop for pictures/picnic (which is very close to Fort William), Castle Urquhart is a ruin and somewhat touristy, but it is a pleasant place to stop to see Loch Ness on a drive down from Inverness

Edinburgh is one of my favourite cities on the planet, so you'll be doing yourself a big service spending time there (and Arthur's Seat is a wonderful hike too)

Driving through the Loch Lomond area on your way to Glasgow is really nice too.

St. Andrew's is nice if you want to see the Golf Course, the cemetery and the church ruins.... that is a good afternoon, but you could continue on from there without having to spend the night...

oh and fish and chips.... Anstruther on the Fife coast... best and freshest fish and chips I've had in my life! and while YMMV, hitting any of those coastal fishing towns (Fife) in time for the day's catch is a nice break in the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starksfergie
Jul 24, 2007

I'm just content to relax and drown within myself
What liz said.... when you are at the airport in Edinburgh, just request an automatic. They have them and tried to push a standard on me, but I relented and got an automatic. Driving around Skye is really, really peaceful and beautiful

• Locked thread