Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I'm going to visit friend in Edinburgh from the 12th till the 15th of august.
I guess the greatest thing to do at that time is visiting the Edinburgh festival fringe.
The problem is there is SO much choice. Anybody have any suggestions for shows during those dates? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I'm leaving for Edinburgh tomorrow for five days.
I'll be staying at a friend who's wive is in Japan at the moment.
We'll probably go to the Fringe festival a lot, and we'll also go hiking at least one day. But any other recommendations are always welcome.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I'm leaving Edinburgh now after 5 days at the fringe.
Had a great time, got lucky with the weather (they tell me). The area around the castle is super busy, but once you get a couple of streets outside of that circle of pensioners and Chinese tourists it's nice and quiet. Had good food (burgers at lebowskis, expensive but insanely nice "the scran & scallie" , etc...), went for some hikes in the hills and off course saw a lot of comedy shows. The latter wasn't always easy, because we didn't plan our trip in advance and everything that is even a little bit famous had been sold out. But there's enough of alternative shows to keep you busy.

Very friendly people too. Only downside was the loving seagulls waking me up at 4 in the morning.

• Locked thread