Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I'm planning to spend 7 nights in Scotland.

2 nights in Edinburgh
1 night in St. Andrew - Loch Leven castle en route, Fairmont St. Andrews
1 night in Inverness
1 night in Skye - Eat at Kinloch lodge
1 night in Inverlochy - Take ferry to Mallaig, see Glencoe, stay at Inverlochy Hotel
1 night in Glasgow - Sherbrooke Hotel

12 hours driving, 470 miles: https://goo.gl/maps/HCXoke1eiA32

Is this too much traveling? My instinct is to cut Inverness because of the distance but it doesn't save much time and my girlfriend is adamant about going to Skye.
Do I need to book tickets in advance for anything like Loch Leven, Loch Ness or the ferry to Mallaig?
What's a realistic drive time for St. Andrews to Inverness? Google maps says 3.5 hours but everyone warns Scottish roads are slow.
What should we see in Edinburgh? I've seen recommendations for Edinburgh Castle, Bollinger Bar, Royal Yacht Brittania and the 2 national museum/galleries.
Is St. Andrews worth visiting? Is it worth stopping at Loch Leven? Would we be better off staying at Gleneagle Hotel?
What is worth seeing in Inverness, Skye and the Inverlochy area? I've seen people say Fort Williams and Ben Nevis are not worth visiting.
I've seen people say Scotch distilleries are not worth visiting. Is there a good one along this route worth stopping at?

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread