Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
it is a perfect game. for what it is, it has no flaws. it is a perfectly polished gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcZmocY0hQM

play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

For what it is, the Nazi Party is a perfect political party. ... No. Grow up. Logic does NOT work this way you little piece of poo poo. Topic locked.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it's not that great and in terms of RogueLite bullet hell shooters, isaac does it better 1000x over and doesn't crash my PC.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

nuclear throne is better than isaac, no bloat and useless poo poo

sorry about your crashes NT has never crashed for me

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

For what it is, the Nazi Party is a perfect political party. ... No. Grow up. Logic does NOT work this way you little piece of poo poo. Topic locked.

i was nodding along and then you twist this poo poo into a vile troll

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Protagonist posted:

god drat...ive seem some ownage, but none like this. OP is sick. downloading nucelar throne right now from steam or whatever. loving love this game. omg

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Protagonist posted:

No. Just no

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont really like vambleers games

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

god drat...ive seem some ownage, but none like this. OP is sick. downloading nucelar throne right now from steam or whatever. loving love this game. omg

good man

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

"works on my machine" is the body's final response to terminal steam AIDS

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[hides Community Manager badge] Vlambeer is actually the son of Albert Einstein and Audrey Hepburn lmfao... He's very smart and beautiful and knows how to make a great game.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
you never feel overpowered in nuclear throne like you do in isaac

but you never feel useless like you can in isaac too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

die you dumb motherfucker

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao but also agreeing

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ah. The perfect game. Gaming ambrosia if you will

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Protagonist posted:

I was totally on board with a thread about nuclear throne because it's pretty fun when it works but then you went and posted this poo poo

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I was totally on board with a thread about nuclear throne because it's pretty fun when it works but then you went and posted this poo poo

sorry the truth upsets you

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

i dont really like vambleers games

I want to like them way more than I end up liking them

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

they completely rewrote the engine right before the '1.0 release' so that it could work on the ps vita, and it went from fairly stable to crashing all the time

iirc they're fixing it? slowly

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i've played a bunch of both isaac (though only old isaac, not the non-flash remake) and nuclear throne. they're both really good games; nuclear throne is faster and leaner, which I appreciate, but that's a personal preference.

i'm gonna get back to issac at some point too, though, play the remake. idk that it has to be a competition between them?

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I tried Isaac and couldn't really get into it, but Nuclear Throne is one of my fav games of last year. Different strokes I guess. Nuclear Throne is definitely not perfect hough

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
There's already a thread about this game OP.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Furthermore I don't personally care about this game or Isaac or any game of this type. So suck my cack

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Furthermore I don't personally care about this game or Isaac or any game of this type. So suck my cack

http://i.imgur.com/QyMggOU.gifv

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That gifv doesn't really mean nothing but it's the first one I ever made and turns out Mario Maker makes for wonderful gifvs.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Perfect, just, perfect :worship:

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Wormskull posted:

That gifv doesn't really mean nothing but it's the first one I ever made and turns out Mario Maker makes for wonderful gifvs.

I want the smb outro

e: I meant smw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The outros take longer than the level half the time so I couldn't capture it anyway, due to the 15 second limit.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

But that was SMB3.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not referring only to the video you posted here, every time I watch a mario maker level I keep waiting for the lights to close in on mario but only that panel with high scores appear

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh yea and it's weird not hearing the Weeeooooweeehoop! noise.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mario does do a V sign at the end of SMW worlds though, for what it's worth.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Oh yea and it's weird not hearing the Weeeooooweeehoop! noise.

yeah

https://zippy.gfycat.com/FastPersonalKookaburra.webm

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

i've played a bunch of both isaac (though only old isaac, not the non-flash remake) and nuclear throne. they're both really good games; nuclear throne is faster and leaner, which I appreciate, but that's a personal preference.

i'm gonna get back to issac at some point too, though, play the remake. idk that it has to be a competition between them?

I just started playing Isaac a few months ago and I get a game in like every day. It's a good remake.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's ok but I'm really bad at it. I also feel like I played he game like 5 times and saw everything it had to offer in like 3 or 4 levels which is a bummer

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

In Training posted:

It's ok but I'm really bad at it. I also feel like I played he game like 5 times and saw everything it had to offer in like 3 or 4 levels which is a bummer

that is objectively wrong, 3 or 4 levels won't even raise the difficulty enough to get half of the cool weapons to drop, let alone unlock all the playable characters.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
This thread has convinced me to try Blinding of Isaac

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

PleasingFungus posted:

:rolleyes: it's not a competition. i was comparing two games that scratch the very same itch, only one does it way better than the other, imo.

also play Rebirth to fully understand my point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SeXReX posted:

that is objectively wrong, 3 or 4 levels won't even raise the difficulty enough to get half of the cool weapons to drop, let alone unlock all the playable characters.

Yeah I know I'm missing a lot of characters, but I didn't know there were better weapons. I kept getting the same basic kinds and thought that was it for the large part

• Locked thread