Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I just got this game and it's cool. I like Plant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
its weird that they make you carry a poo poo weapon to world 3 to unlock the main character

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Robot Randy posted:

its weird that they make you carry a poo poo weapon to world 3 to unlock the main character

you must undergo great trials to become a Gun God.

also, it's possible to find a screwdriver on 3-1, theoretically

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the screwdriver isn't even that bad, for an early weapon. it's fast

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

lesbian baphomet posted:

the screwdriver isn't even that bad, for an early weapon. it's fast

the problem with the screwdriver is that it does 6 damage and mice have 7 HP

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

why do you have captain paynes avatar

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I believe the Captain has Nihnoz's avatar

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Xaris posted:

I don't like throwing accusations of fallacy around because it belies my secret atheism, but holy crap tautology ahoy.

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i adblocked both of them

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

ive been playing this lately and found a super bazooka and it carried me into 7-2 then a jukebox or something blew me up

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have been playing this, and Downwell. Both seem FTW.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

SM64Guy posted:

ive been playing this lately and found a super bazooka and it carried me into 7-2 then a jukebox or something blew me up

It's really fun watching people transition to being afraid of explosive weapons to taking them and boiling veins and using it like a melee build.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I think I like Robot the best now. its cool to get OP weapons. I made it to Lil Hunter for the first time and got pwned

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Ristolaz posted:

I think I like Robot the best now. its cool to get OP weapons. I made it to Lil Hunter for the first time and got pwned

Hardest boss imo.

Robot has the only power I actually use regularly. I even forget to POP POP with Y.V.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Yung Venuz has an extra ability to cement him as the best character. I really hope Vlambeers next project is Gun Godz 2

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

The wiki recommends Back Muscles on a lot of characters but that sounds dumb and bad. Please confirm or deny nuclear throne pros

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ristolaz posted:

The wiki recommends Back Muscles on a lot of characters but that sounds dumb and bad. Please confirm or deny nuclear throne pros

back muscle is great, one thing it does is that with a higher cap of ammo you'll be low on ammo more, so that means more ammo drops. same with something like rhino skin you'll be getting a few more health drops with that too

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

SM64Guy posted:

back muscle is great, one thing it does is that with a higher cap of ammo you'll be low on ammo more, so that means more ammo drops. same with something like rhino skin you'll be getting a few more health drops with that too

Oooohhh I didnt know the drop rate increases when you're low. That's cool

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ristolaz posted:

Oooohhh I didnt know the drop rate increases when you're low. That's cool

it's not as much as rabbits paw i dont think but it's still pretty good

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

The wiki says the game always uses the initial ammo capacity number for determining low ammo% so its not affected by back muscle. Grafe C Villa-Lobos, you are under arrest for gamer fraud.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ristolaz posted:

The wiki says the game always uses the initial ammo capacity number for determining low ammo% so its not affected by back muscle. Grafe C Villa-Lobos, you are under arrest for gamer fraud.

lol, well that's what i was told, sorry

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

SM64Guy posted:

It's all good.

How often do you guys end up taking Patience?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ristolaz posted:

It's all good.

not too often, sometimes it'll pair up with a bunch of bs and i'll take it then though

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

is patience the one where you put off taking a mutation until later or w/e? i've never picked it because i dont really understand what it does.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

SM64Guy posted:

i think it was true in older versions.

back muscles is still really good - as the game goes on, there are more enemies & your weapons use up ammo faster, so you end up both filling up & running out of ammo faster. back muscles helps a lot with that, especially if you want to run some ridiculous ammo-guzzler like the minigun or hyper rifle or w/e.

lesbian baphomet posted:

is patience the one where it avoids taking a mutation until later or w/e? i've never picked it because i dont really understand what it does.

it's what it says. no mutation this level, and next level you get to choose again from a new set of mutations. basically a delayed re-roll.

if you really don't like any of the other options, it's a reasonable choice. I take it occasionally.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

lesbian baphomet posted:

is patience the one where you put off taking a mutation until later or w/e? i've never picked it because i dont really understand what it does.

It just gives you a new set of 4 mutations to pick after the next stage. It's good when it comes up next to like Extra Feet and Hammerhead or w/e.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It just gives you a new set of 4 mutations to pick after the next stage. It's good when it comes up next to like Extra Feet and Hammerhead or w/e.

hammerhead is actually the strongest mutation in the game, though

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

PleasingFungus posted:

That's Back Muscle.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

That's Back Muscle.

Trigger Fingers

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Ristolaz posted:

Every time I see it

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Patience is handy if you're trying to get Last Wish so you can get to the Jungle, etc.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

That's Back Muscle.

Ristolaz posted:

Trigger Fingers

Impact Wrists.

or Rabbit Paw.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Scarier Face. Love to one-shot everything except bosses.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Agag posted:

Scarier Face. Love to one-shot everything except bosses.

thats my third. it pairs especially well with impact wrists

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I finally got to the nuclear throne for the first time the other day and after I shot the skeleton the big laser came out of the middle and killed me. I stopped playing for the day after that.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Frank Eufemia posted:

I finally got to the nuclear throne for the first time the other day and after I shot the skeleton the big laser came out of the middle and killed me. I stopped playing for the day after that.

lmao

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
iirc that happened to me too. it's been a while.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The first time I played this I walked to something behind a wall that looked like a rusty button on the ground like Zelda style but it blew up and turns out I guess it was a car but I had had enough at that point.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah. Shooters where you cant take cover behind explosive barrels are fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

pictured: one switch

• Locked thread