Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i can see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

you hit that switch with a screwdriver it takes you to the secret rich place

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When that sprite is behind a wall it's easy to think it's a switch.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
still havent beaten Little Hunter

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Ristolaz posted:

still havent beaten Little Hunter

he's tougher than the final boss, imo.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
you either blow lil hunter the gently caress up in seconds or he murks you, in my experience

Dec 26, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

Impact Wrists.

or Rabbit Paw.

i basically always take impact wrists whenever i see it, it's loads of fun

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
Little Hunter is the first wall a player faces. I find him easier than the throne unless i have a stupid gun that can kill it quick.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
also yv is cool

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

also yv is cool

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
i finally got to the palace today, twice.

once with robo and the other with eyes. both times mostly using the shovel and a backup weapon (smg with robo and eraser with eyes). couldnt even get long arms for either of them :x

i like stress and boiling veins and scary face

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

also yv is cool

i was playing yv for a about a week but i stopped because i think i was getting a bit manic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the melee more than the shooting in this game because I'm bad at aiming stuff.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Where do the tongue butt avs come from?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I got a golden laser pistol for Robot and its awesome. Makes it so I always have something appropriate for the sewers and I can chomp it later for hella stuff

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
My best runs happen when I play it like a shmup and focus mostly on dodging. Any time I fixate on killing things I wander into a bunch of scorpion lasers or a thrown car.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Agag posted:

My best runs happen when I play it like a shmup and focus mostly on dodging. Any time I fixate on killing things I wander into a bunch of scorpion lasers or a thrown car.

Snowbot: Looks like you could use some tender loving car

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Where do the tongue butt avs come from?

like a year ago or maybe two, the Ice rear end was given to people who kept trying to post in fyad even though they really sucked at it. i dont remember whose avatar it was originally

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I can get to the snow levels pretty regularly but unless I have a really good set of guns lil hunter always lands on me and I die. I really like crossbows and the homing perk for them.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Frank Eufemia posted:

I can get to the snow levels pretty regularly but unless I have a really good set of guns lil hunter always lands on me and I die. I really like crossbows and the homing perk for them.

Same. Same.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

lil hunter lands on me and i die even when i do have a good set of guns. maybe one day i'll get lucky with a 5-3 map that has good wall spots to hide behind and figure out wtf is going on before getting killed

maybe i should start taking the wall-tunneling mutation just to try to survive that level

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Does Lil HInter landing, or his blue smoke or whatever, hurt you as Crystal using your shield ability?

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

lesbian baphomet posted:

like a year ago or maybe two, the Ice rear end was given to people who kept trying to post in fyad even though they really sucked at it. i dont remember whose avatar it was originally

i quoted the av and said 'thats cool' and then it was there next time i logged on

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

and then i made this

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think you made the ebst of the situation.

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

made it to throne twice today as robot but havent beaten it

even though im robot i still feel like i need better weapons.

first time i had super crossbow and wave gun (and stood right in front because im a moron)

second time i had super splinter gun and eraser

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Grab the reg crossbow in the Desert and never look back.

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

oh forgot to update. got on the throne as eyes. now i have more goals. so many more goals

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

goferchan posted:

Tfw you finally kill Lil Hunter and die immediately from explosions and never reach 6-1

Did it again

goferchan fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 23, 2016

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

goferchan posted:

Tfw you finally kill Lil Hunter and die immediately from explosions and never reach 6-1

*feels this feel*

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan posted:

Enter The Gungeon looks cool and even if im a little burnt out on action roguelike-likes this looks like it could scratch the same itch as Nuclear Throne. Really like all that bullet hell poo poo going on in the trailer

Turns out it's pretty good

goferchan fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 5, 2016

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

goferchan posted:

Enter The Gungeon looks cool and even if im a little burnt out on action roguelike-likes this looks like it could scratch the same itch as Nuclear Throne. Really like all that bullet hell poo poo going on in the trailer

I think it could be great if the emphasis is on dodging and shooting, not RPG elements. I don't want that Borderlands thing where I am shooting the enemy in the face with a missile launcher but its doing tiny amounts of damage because of "levels."

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i want to play enter the gungeon really bad

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I will never beat Lil Hunter . Please help me

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i beat him once but then died anyway when his body exploded

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lesbian baphomet posted:

i beat him once but then died anyway when his body exploded

I did this twice. Really need to prioritize Boiling Veins a little higher I think. Does that protect against the "explosion" from his landing too?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i'm pretty sure the landing wave is fire, so probably? but it's blue fire so for all i know that doesnt count

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
the secret to little hunter is to try to clear a corner and wait. when you hear him scream that means he chose where to jump, most likely right on top of you. check for the shadow. when he spawns shoot your biggest gun at him. try to use cover when you can. I don't remember if his landing does damage, but the blue fire that comes off of him does 1 damage. he's pretty simple once you get the hang of him

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Agag posted:

I don't want that Borderlands thing where I am shooting the enemy in the face with a missile launcher but its doing tiny amounts of damage because of "levels."

Its cool that Nuclear Throne doesn't have that but still has a powerful sense of progression. It might have the best leveling in a game ever. Brogue is close but it makes it possible to start working on a certain build and then never ever get enough of the things you need to make it viable, which feels bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

swamp waste posted:

Its cool that Nuclear Throne doesn't have that but still has a powerful sense of progression. It might have the best leveling in a game ever. Brogue is close but it makes it possible to start working on a certain build and then never ever get enough of the things you need to make it viable, which feels bad

The changing drop pools as you advance through the game, combined with a choice of mutations that you can adapt to the weapons you find, is perfect. By 4-1 you should be pretty badass, but it could be in one of several different ways.

• Locked thread