Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
was gifted this the other day, got around to playing it earlier today and it owns
i usually play as steroids, got to the throne twice duel wielding melee weapons but got chunked by the huge laser cannon

lil hunter isnt that bad if you pack a decent melee weapon like the shovel, one time he showed up i had an energy hammer and it basically just one-shot him
then the little fucker flew into me while screaming/dying and exploded my rear end to smithereens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I finally got this today and it's seriously great. I was enjoying Fish and his Throne Butt upgrade but I think YV is my man now, just tried him and killed Big Dog in one hit with a Braaaap'd golden grenade launcher from YV's sweet pad. (which also blew up Horror who I didn't even know had spawned lol)

Then I ran out of ammo on my normal gun and Lil' Hunter splatted me while I tried to get range and grenade him :whitewater:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I finally got this today and it's seriously great. I was enjoying Fish and his Throne Butt upgrade but I think YV is my man now, just tried him and killed Big Dog in one hit with a Braaaap'd golden grenade launcher from YV's sweet pad. (which also blew up Horror who I didn't even know had spawned lol)

Then I ran out of ammo on my normal gun and Lil' Hunter splatted me while I tried to get range and grenade him :whitewater:

Thanks for sharing. :)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

rediscover posted:

Thanks for sharing. :)

im excited to talk about this game a lot

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
this game is the street fighter ii of twinstick shooters

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
._.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I HAVE
NEVER KILLED
LIL HUNTER

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i've killed him twice now, but still never made it past the level he appears on

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Hell yeah man. Get some Boiling Veins with that golden grenade launcher and braaap them all.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ig ot this in the humble montyhly and i'm not really diggin g it. praobably just going to stick with isaac or maybe enter the gungeon when i get it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

ig ot this in the humble montyhly and i'm not really diggin g it. praobably just going to stick with isaac or maybe enter the gungeon when i get it

enter the gungeon is so much better i regret buying this now

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
just a matter of taste, i guess.............

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

The Protagonist posted:

it is a perfect game. for what it is, it has no flaws. it is a perfectly polished gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcZmocY0hQM

play it

it sucs

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Still can't beat Lil Hunter, that gently caress

Seems like I always get him in some open room with a ton of other enemies around

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i just started playing this, its incredible. i appreciate the naming conventtions. i feel like my favorites so far are melting and plant, but I'm not good enough to get past the crow levels so far. I'm glad video games are getting cool again, arguably.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

guys... I beat Lil Hunter. I finally did it. It gave me a large open arena instead of a horrible tight maze with 2,970 enemies so I kicked his rear end with ease even though I had lovely weapons lol.

Then I died in 7-2 because something horrible spawned on my head but that's ok

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

guys... I beat Lil Hunter. I finally did it. It gave me a large open arena instead of a horrible tight maze with 2,970 enemies so I kicked his rear end with ease even though I had lovely weapons lol.

Then I died in 7-2 because something horrible spawned on my head but that's ok

Congrats, world 7 isn't too bad but the dark lab screws me over a lot.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah I got to 7-2 by mindlessly holding mouse 1 so u figure it'll be easy enough next time. Is the throne hard

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The throne is kinda lame because there's a 95% you will die the first time you reach it and then probably never lose to it again unless you have problems with ammo

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Tfw you kill lil hunter and then immediately get murked by the sole remaining enemy on the map

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I feel like 5-3 can definitely be a bit cheap/luck - based depending on the level layout and enemies. I might just need to get better tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

5-3 is the hardest (non secret) level to me. Although I never got into looping because I'm not certifiably insane

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The throne is kinda lame because there's a 95% you will die the first time you reach it and then probably never lose to it again unless you have problems with ammo

Throne II whips my rear end though.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
anybody done the melting costume challenge? any tips?

also what's the best golden weapon?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My faves are golden shotgun and golden wrench but it's basically whatever weapon you like becaus golden is just a slightly better version of the base weapon

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

5-3 is the hardest (non secret) level to me. Although I never got into looping because I'm not certifiably insane

Loops is where all the fun is at.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

anybody done the melting costume challenge? any tips?

also what's the best golden weapon?

Long arms + trigger fingers + shovel. Hammerhead also helps with tricky spawns.

Also the best golden is clearly the golden splinter gun and laser.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Golden crossbow is my favorite, but if I don't get bolt marrow or a good gun before the sewers it typically ends badly

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

qnqnx posted:

Long arms + trigger fingers + shovel. Hammerhead also helps with tricky spawns.

Also the best golden is clearly the golden splinter gun and laser.

i almost always have to take gamma guts too.

and of course scarier face, the best mutation in the game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bolt Marrow, Boiling Veins, and Scarier Face for this game. You spam explosives to clear crowds and then hammer the tough guys with a super splinter gun or a super crossbow.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm personally a fan of longer arms and melee kills reduce reload time and use the shovel since it OHKO almost every non boss enemy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Bolt Marrow, Boiling Veins, and Scarier Face for this game. You spam explosives to clear crowds and then hammer the tough guys with a super splinter gun or a super crossbow.
yeah. Impact Wrists is great too

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Scarier face is an instant pick every time it shows up, and Steroids with bolt marrow + two crossbows/splinters is what I aim for in dailies.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The feel of being in a loop while having the crown of blood and impact wrists, and hearing enemies crash into eachother and die as soon you enter the level.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

qnqnx posted:

The feel of being in a loop while having the crown of blood and impact wrists, and hearing enemies crash into eachother and die as soon you enter the level.

Nuclear throne has the best explosions in the game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The music of the final parts of the palace into the throne fight themes is one of the top feels in gaming

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Nuclear throne has the best explosions in the game.

Uhh.. might wanna proof read your posts more closer from now on buddy lol.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

qnqnx posted:

meltings throne butt and impact wrists gets real ridiculous, just mash right click and everythings dead

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
lil hunter is a cool boss because he's impossibly hard at first and not that bad once you get how he works. Taking cover isnt that important in the rest of the game because nothing else (before the loop at least) shoots that fast with no warning. so you don't think of it at first, but then you realize, it allows you to own him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

what's a good character to play if i just started playing? i unlocked up to Plant and made it the farthest with Fish (3-2) even though i forgot he could roll.

• Locked thread