Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

just put a 1060 in my pc yesterday. spent the evening playing nuclear throne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

I got a blood weapon for the first time ever, they're real cool

Yeah they look badass, especially if you get like the blood launcher so you're shooting out explosive pellets of blood

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

for the 2nd time in many many tries i beat the throne. i still had to use crystal for the block/reflect ability. also i didnt realize you have to do something special to loop. so, back at it i guess

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Stanley Tweedle posted:

just put a 1060 in my pc yesterday. spent the evening playing nuclear throne

what up 1060 brother

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
imagine if this game was 120fps O_O

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Corrupted caves might be the hardest area I've seen so far

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen posted:

Corrupted caves might be the hardest area I've seen so far

It's almost as bad as the Jungle

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

It's worse because of the randomly teleporting crystals that can instakill you with no warning and the fact that literally 100% of the floor can be covered in webs if you're unlucky. Any strong build can clear the jungle. For the purple crystal caves, you need a strong long range weapon (can't risk fighting crystals at close range) and a way of dealing with sticky floors (hammerhead or extra feet).

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah. I don't like the crystals. All of the instant kills really piss me off. For example, I have never died to regular enemies when looping. It's always that loving van

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I opened a big weapon chest on 3-3 with robot and it spawned two screwdrivers and a laser pistol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen posted:

I opened a big weapon chest on 3-3 with robot and it spawned two screwdrivers and a laser pistol

:discourse:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
better than getting three cursed pop rifles in a row :barf:

does anyone use plasma guns? i always thought they are a more expensive version of the grenade launcher with worse reload time. it doesn't help that the bullets are slow as hell and anything you're trying to shoot will be in the other half of the world by the time they reach. the plasma cannon is fun though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the plasma guns are really good, with Pop Pop and Scarier Face a plasma cannon shot absolutely shreds anything you point it at

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Laser brain is one of the best mutations for specific weapons too since it's just a straight damage increase

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

extremely steampunk posted:

Laser brain is one of the best mutations for specific weapons too since it's just a straight damage increase

it makes the hitboxes for your lasers bigger too 👍 really noticeable with plasma gun

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
why is there no multiplayer for this

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Yobgoblin posted:

theres an unofficial multiplayer

https://yellowafterlife.itch.io/nuclear-throne-together

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yobgoblin posted:

Theres local coop but in my experience its a lot lot harder because the screen is just chaos with all the guns going off

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training posted:

Theres local coop but in my experience its a lot lot harder because the screen is just chaos with all the guns going off

You also share rads and perks so it's harder to do specialized builds that are really effective

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm really bad at this fuuu

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Thank you.

E: Just noticed it in the recent news... [:doh: to the center of the earth]

In Training posted:

Sounds like my kinda co-op!

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 18, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I keep getting so close to beating this, but I can't quite manage to beat the throne. I can get past Lil Hunter fairly consistently, though.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
Just looped for the first time, it was on the weekly though so not an amazing feat. I find the throne a lot easier if you get a melee weapon like the shovel to destroy the big exploding shots

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

mysterious loyall X posted:

same

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

owl milk posted:

Just looped for the first time, it was on the weekly though so not an amazing feat. I find the throne a lot easier if you get a melee weapon like the shovel to destroy the big exploding shots

You can also stay in the center and bait the throne into firing the laser repeatedly

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got to 5-1 for the first time and shot at a snow covered car right next to me with my grenade launcher and died immediately nothing i could do game bug bullshit fuuuu

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

i got to 5-1 for the first time and shot at a snow covered car right next to me with my grenade launcher and died immediately nothing i could do game bug bullshit fuuuu

you could have not shot the car

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

a good strategy imo: killing yourself so the enemies can't

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

For what it is, the Nazi Party is a perfect political party. ... No. Grow up. Logic does NOT work this way you little piece of poo poo. Topic locked.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Qq babby gamer can't handle a REAL roguelike

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it's okay that happens constantly. take boiling veins

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got to lil hunter but died

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

Qq babby gamer can't handle a REAL roguelike

excuse me i've beaten dungeons of dreadmoor, skyrim, and rogue legacy multiple times

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i got to lil hunter but died
this has been me since the day after I bought the game . welcome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

this has been me since the day after I bought the game . welcome

I was stuck on him for like a few months worth of playing the game on and off but once I finally beat him i never die to him anymore. Pretty much all my deaths came from getting scared and spazzing out lol but now I'm really comfortable with his patterns

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
loving rats

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I die frequently to his annoying death animation because even when I'm a screen and a half away he'll somehow zip over to me and explode before I can react

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yobgoblin posted:

loving rats

I feel like Im either out of the groove and die on 2-1 or make it to the throne

• Locked thread