Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Aw man this pack doens't have Project E or that mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
(like dr. banner all breathing heavy and twitching) Where's. ... the imp zone server ...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Expert mode it doesn't have those recipes if they are in the mod pack so I don't know.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

(like dr. banner all breathing heavy and twitching) Where's. ... the imp zone server ...

This...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

You could probably have gotten leather by grilling zombie meat before. That's usually a mod in packs.

That's disgusting.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Wormskull, what are your must have mods?

net cafe scandal posted:

That's disgusting.

i mean the other thing to do with it is eat it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like Tinkers, OpenBlocks and Extra Utilities just since their nice little additions for a Vanilla+ experience. NEI is probably the most must have mod of all. For the big daddy heavy mods probably AE or ComputerCraft even though I've never really used them, I just like the idea of them. I like some of the agriculture-based mods as well.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I really hate the Tinkers blueprint thing for making individual item parts but otherwise it's really cool

mekanism liquid tanks make the smelting even better

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

[Smooth jazz of Pokemon Center theme plays in the background] Confronted with the ovaries, the troll reclines! Back into the sack, like a pair of punched Testicles! [Seeing troll in the chat turn his apology back around Kyappuh] Oh ho ho! Edgy my sir! The only way you could be more edgy, is if you were Shadow the Hedgehog!

Lmao

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Ristolaz posted:

We're all going to get Wanilla Minecraft WiiU and play on there.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

We're all going to get Wanilla Minecraft WiiU and play on there.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This mod... :staredog:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have incredible news everyone.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh of course this world where I decided to live on an island has a VOLCANO NEXT TO TWO!! REDWOOD TREES. Christ...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bacon Donut has a nuclear reactor providing millions of energy to power and maintain a dimension of his own design, made entirely of diamonds. I have 5 diamonds.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Granted he's not playing in Expert mode. But come on.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry, OP. Hate to say it, but I don't care about Minecraft, and don't care about Bacon Donut especially.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Sorry, OP. Hate to say it, but I don't care about Minecraft, and don't care about Bacon Donut especially.

:rolleyes:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I OFFICIALLY BEAT BACON WITH A TOTAL OF 5 DIAMONDS, BECAUSE HE FORGOT TO DIAL TO THE RIGHT DIMENSION AND SPAWNED IN A COLLAPSED UNIVERSE. WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmfao. heavily modded minecraft is so awesome

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thank you ladies and germs. This thread has been a tremendous success.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Wormskull posted:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I OFFICIALLY BEAT BACON WITH A TOTAL OF 5 DIAMONDS, BECAUSE HE FORGOT TO DIAL TO THE RIGHT DIMENSION AND SPAWNED IN A COLLAPSED UNIVERSE. WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

what? WHAT WHAT WHAAAT

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He made a world where the entire world is submerged in an ocean of liquid nuclear reactor fuel so he could get a good amount of it for keeping the diamond dimension powered, then he unpowered the fuel world, powered the diamond world, but forgot to change the portal device to put him into they diamond world and it sent him to the fuel world which was collapsing from lack of power which instantly killed him as soon as he spawned.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Thank you ladies and germs. This thread has been a tremendous success.

This was a triumph...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Unrelated news: Unlike Mike Uyama and the people who work at GDQs, which is now an LLC IIRC, SuperMCGamer turned down a paycheck from Help Hope Live to do another marathon for them.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Wormskull posted:

He made a world where the entire world is submerged in an ocean of liquid nuclear reactor fuel so he could get a good amount of it for keeping the diamond dimension powered, then he unpowered the fuel world, powered the diamond world, but forgot to change the portal device to put him into they diamond world and it sent him to the fuel world which was collapsing from lack of power which instantly killed him as soon as he spawned.

Lmao

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

heavily modded minecraft is starting to sound kind of cool to me.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

rediscover posted:

heavily modded minecraft is starting to sound kind of cool to me.

you run into a whole lot of "complicated for the sake of being complicated"

forestry is probably the mod with the best example of that cause it has this entire arcane thing about breeding bees

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Heavily Modded Minecraft Win

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Never forget the AIDS Infected Carrot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Enough! You've convinced me to install heavily modded Minecraft! Let's get a drat server going folks.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Wormskull posted:

A rookie mistake.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

*inputs the coordinates to the weed dimension

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
http://webm.host/7731b/vid.webm

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
heavily modded minecraft owns and i dont get the hate for it

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

heavily modded minecraft owns and i dont get the hate for it

Building a huge dimension machine or w/e and then colonizing the elemental plane of diamonds sounds like a cool thing to do with forum friends. Where's the server

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
multi dimensional multiplayer is really resource intensive because chunk gen chews up your ram/cpu and it's bad at releasing resources because minecraft is poorly coded. if you're genning chunks which you do like mad when you're making dimensions in mystcraft or w/e you reach a point where you have to reboot the server because nothing will load

it got better in 1.7 and 1.8 but it's still not great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

GBS IRC has their own Minecraft server owned by psyopmonkey... what do we have? A fighting game thread that four Nite Crew castaways post in, fml.

• Locked thread