Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the rftools dimension thing is a lot better coded unless everyone is being retards and constantly generating dimensions

i made a dimension full of hydrogen gas and tried to light it on fire and it crashed my client and not the server somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

sword_man.gif posted:

multi dimensional multiplayer is really resource intensive because chunk gen chews up your ram/cpu and it's bad at releasing resources because minecraft is poorly coded. if you're genning chunks which you do like mad when you're making dimensions in mystcraft or w/e you reach a point where you have to reboot the server because nothing will load

it got better in 1.7 and 1.8 but it's still not great

don't make it gay.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*installs Minecraft onto my SSD*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'd love to play a Expert Mode minecraft server. Well, since this challenge is over and I beat Bacon, I'm going to start yet another world and try to just learn the whole mod pack. The only mods I really know how to do are Thermal Expansion and Tinkers and that's just because I played Sky Factory for a week a year ago and I'd really like to learn more packs, especially RFTools.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Epic thing about Bacon_Donut: "Ancient Astronaught Theorist" is in his blurb box for Twitter.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He's also taken like 5 selfies of himself being asleep on planes, couches, and chairs.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Where's the drat server.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Wormskull posted:

I'd love to play a Expert Mode minecraft server. Well, since this challenge is over and I beat Bacon, I'm going to start yet another world and try to just learn the whole mod pack. The only mods I really know how to do are Thermal Expansion and Tinkers and that's just because I played Sky Factory for a week a year ago and I'd really like to learn more packs, especially RFTools.

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/simple-goat.794786 i made this pack to dick around with you should try it

i dont think it shares much with ftb infinity either

it crashes if you push the tinkers construct goggles button for some reason so unbind that

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm most likely not going to try that, but I am thinking of trying FTB Unstable 1.8.9.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It has a furnace called Furnus.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watched some of your stream last night and I couldn't make heads or tails of what you were doing or why.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I watched some of your stream last night and I couldn't make heads or tails of what you were doing or why.

I was trying to explain it but, I also can't really tell with Expert Mode what I'm doing.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i want an imp zone server. what's a good minecraft server host?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i want projecte on this theoretical imp zone server thx

down with scarcity

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

He made a world where the entire world is submerged in an ocean of liquid nuclear reactor fuel so he could get a good amount of it for keeping the diamond dimension powered, then he unpowered the fuel world, powered the diamond world, but forgot to change the portal device to put him into they diamond world and it sent him to the fuel world which was collapsing from lack of power which instantly killed him as soon as he spawned.

holy hell...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

i want an imp zone server. what's a good minecraft server host?

Acixs or something is what Bacon_donut used to be sponsored by.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm about to set up my first Water Wheel...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

:worship: Heavily Modded Minecraft FTW! :worship:
https://giant.gfycat.com/VacantBlaringBass.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

loving based

• Locked thread