Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bacon_donut. Hardcore style... I'd be a day late but I'm getting the heavily modded itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wonder if you could do a vegan run of this. Maybe I will.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

what is the diamond challenge in ftb infinity evolved?

Well, Bacon_Donut is trying to get as many diamonds in one hardcore world within one week, in that modpack. I don't really know how to play Minecraft so I'd probably get like 500 max, but he's shooting for more than 400 million.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

I dont know if my brain is big enough to understand how all the different mods work together to make an automatic diamond machine or whatever he's planning ... ot would take me a whole week of learning at least

I think his idea is, synthesize a world lategame, made out of diamonds and then use a thousand quarries to mine it. :staredog:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I might start this up tonight or maybe I'll wait until Bacon's dead so I can learn as much as I can from his stream and then do my own week long challenge.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bacon's done* sorry.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

idk what ftb infinity evolved is tbh, op

It's an awesome minecraft Modpack, making the game heavily modded, and at least tenfold times more awesome! Feed The Beast!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://www.twitch.tv/bacon_donut Check out this stream for more info on FTB Infinity Evolved.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Even if I never do the Diamond Challenge I'd like to learn AE2, Ender IO, and Computer Craft, I think.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Right now I'm trying to figure out how I can play Bacon's stream and stream my own Diamond Challenge without either the mic or the capture software picking it up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Right now he's doing a garden and farm mod and it's flaring up the harvest moon sector of my brain.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bacon just responded to the question "Is this a pack?" with "Yes, TheFattestMan69. This is FTB Infinity Evolved."

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Alright, here's my plan. I'm going to try to find a redwood tree to live in and make into a Vegan Diamond Challenge Farm.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

Calling this pack modded skyblock is like calling the Bat Mobile a "car".

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh God... Bacon_Donut is about to smelt villagers by bringing them through a portal.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He just said that himself while deciding where to put his Runic Dungeon Portal after murdering 4 villagers in a smeltery to make an emerald.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Are they called Rune Factory or something now. I wish they would come to the Wii U DS VC sometime.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I bought the GBA one on VC, uhh I think More Friends of Harvest Town or whatever.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Alright I'm thinking if I don't play mario or Dragon Doge tonight, I'll start the challenge.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

At the end of his broadcast he put a redwood door up against a smeltery controller and then tweeted a screenshot of it saying, "Is this supposed to increase the fuel efficiency of a smeltery?" and is now going to spend the rest of the week not explicitly saying it does that but letting people think that's what it does. He said it's like the time he made a walrus on accident and just put it near his magical crops and made the entire minecraft community think Walruses speed up crop growth to the point that the developer of the mod had in a changelog that they fixed the bug where walruses sped up crop growth.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Would people even watch me play this. I probably wouldn't use a mic since I'm watching big daddy bacon.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm going to quickly see if there's a way to capture only the mic and game audio.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What seed should I use for my world.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I used PIZZAMAN.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well if you want to play with me that way then just use PIZZAMAN.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cripes, expert mode ain't messing around... Can't even make a drat sword.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I already failed in the vegan lifestyle because I got wool from a sheep. Crap...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plus I won't be able to get a hang glider veganly.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have to role play as someone who after making a bed out of a sheep started listening to crass and the subhumans a lot and then became a vegan.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm actually on a Outback biome bordered by a savannah and a desert...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This doesn't have Ex Nihilo in it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In expert mode you need approximately 20 iron total to make a bucket.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm starting a tiny cotton crop plot but I don't even know if I'll be able to synthesize wood out of that. Does killing zombies count as vegan.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wool*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I found some flowers in the desert that give off a faint amount of light but I hope they don't burn my area down if their near green poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's a bunch of hobgoblins in this outback standing contemplatively on top of mounds of dirt and looking at the sunset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Good news everyone. I found a sand temple thing and it had plenty of vegan alternatives to taking the wool off of sheep as part of it's decorations, and it had a bunch of loot things I got essentially for free since I avoided a trap.

• Locked thread