Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

brugroffil posted:

We're coming from Illinois (:(), but we've spent a decent amount of time out west in California, Washington, Utah and Montana over the past few years. Our favorite hikes tend to be more of the panaromic types e.g. Highline Trail in Glacier NP, Skyline at Mt. Rainier. We usually put about 500-700 miles on a rental car on our trips, so we're good with driving all over to get to the different spots, too. If we wanted to check out the high desert or the Coast (loved the Olympic coast in Washington), any particular spots you'd recommend?
I was from Illinois and kept coming out west to Yellowstone, Tetons, etc, and finally cut out the middle man and moved here.

Almost any gorge hike is great. Just be early, they get insanely packed every day by about 10 or 11am, especially as you get closer to I-84. I liked the view from Angel's Rest, near Bridal Veil. Fun hike. Windy as poo poo at the top as you gaze out over miles of the Columbia River.

On the Washington side Silver Star is pretty cool, got to see Rainier, Hood, St Helen's, Jefferson, and Adam's all from the same spot after an not too hard, scenic climb along a cliffside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Yeah, Mt St Helen's is ridiculous. "you are now entering the blast zone" when you're like still 20 miles away. Chilling.

• Locked thread