Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten
Well, you figured out your MoHo obligation apparently, but that mountain is big! So if you don't mind, some specific recommendations:

McNeil Pt is my #1 recommendation. You pass through several different kinds of forest, before the trees finally give up. Like, at the start you'll say "nice forest" and at the end "nice volcano". Not an easy stroll but not that long either. If it's too short, visit Eden park nearby.

If you don't mind a very strenuous long all-day adventure with probably walking in the night too, Yocum Ridge is a very good, with more variety and an incredible waterfall to pass by.

That waterfall alone, Ramona Falls, you've probably heard of, very popular. Careful crossing the river, but don't be to scareded by the signs either; I've seen people cross the logs with newborns in their arms.

A lesser known but IMO better waterfall is Tamanawas on the other side.

For less forest and more alpine, Paradise park is lots of fun. At the right time it has wildflowers like you wouldn't believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten
YEAH! So glad that happened :). Thx for letting me know, made my day.

Incidentally, I was there a couple sundays ago (really cloudy), can't help but wonder if we crossed paths.

• Locked thread