Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Dustcat posted:

i think the technical term is an autogolpe, you weird pedant

dsyp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Tugging my collar and autogolpeing at the thought of nancy pelosi’s piercing fiery gaze as I stand at the dais

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

Very well. What were the objectives. In what way would this power be maintained. What is the power you speak of, exactly?

all my warlocks left in 2018 when i couldn't pay them anymore, so i can't scry the future anymore, but how do you think coups work

the guy with the most judges and most guns wins, and the ratio of judge power to gun power depends on the situation

nobody knows what would have happened if the chuds had murdered 40 democratic reps and senators and the remnants had voted that yes donald trup is the true president, or how long that order would have lasted. probably not for very long tbh!

but y'all are so sure of the power of the institutions and it's frankly baffling to me in 2021

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Interesting that as soon as I ask what, exactly, these supposed brown shirt commandos were going to do, our dipshit friend Dustcat just keeps trying to get one over on us somehow by making us admit that a bunch of internet poisoned rightoids are a threat. Or whatever you're trying to do. It's stupid either way.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

hmm yes itsa me the guy in the cspam commie thread with the eggplant in my mouth saying the right wing is not a threat

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh no! What if donald Trump had a second term? Well, there would have been less kids in cages, and a good chance we would have had a stimulus check before now.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Dustcat posted:

all my warlocks left in 2018 when i couldn't pay them anymore, so i can't scry the future anymore, but how do you think coups work

the guy with the most judges and most guns wins, and the ratio of judge power to gun power depends on the situation

nobody knows what would have happened if the chuds had murdered 40 democratic reps and senators and the remnants had voted that yes donald trup is the true president, or how long that order would have lasted. probably not for very long tbh!

but y'all are so sure of the power of the institutions and it's frankly baffling to me in 2021

you laughed at it earlier but this poo poo indistinguishable from Maddow lmao

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Dustcat posted:

the problem here is you have watched too many movies

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You say they're a 'threat' like they'll become one or become more dangerous, and not like they're already in power and have been our whole lives. What is wrong with you.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

a Loving Dog posted:

you laughed at it earlier but this poo poo indistinguishable from Maddow lmao

lol you watch maddow

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

THS posted:

the problem here is you have watched too many movies

I think they should watch more, so they post less

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Larry Parrish posted:

You say they're a 'threat' like they'll become one or become more dangerous, and not like they're already in power and have been our whole lives. What is wrong with you.

like, do you think the right cannot become more dangerous than it is now or what

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Dustcat posted:

lol you watch maddow

yes I’ve watched and laughed at clips of maddow saying the same dumb poo poo as you lol

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos

Dustcat posted:

it wasn't about stealing sacred electoral texts, it was about shooting nancy pelosi and aoc and a few dozen other democratic congresspeople through the head and the ensuing chaos enabling donald trump to declare his victory over voter fraud with 100% republican support

Good lord I’d rather read the trigly trot comparing Castro to Bonaparte than this dumb poo poo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seriously just tell me what you're worst case scenario was. In your own words, and not telling me to imagine it for you, what could possibly change from having slightly crazier authoritarian freaks in charge.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For context I'm below the poverty line as it is. Things really can't get much worse for me. I guess ICE could just start openly deporting anyone with a funny name, instead of pretending to use a process. But honestly the cost of living is so low in central america that the free boat ride sounds nice.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I gotta say the self-critique friday night session format is actually the bomb and y'all are doing fine work

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Larry Parrish posted:

Seriously just tell me what you're worst case scenario was. In your own words, and not telling me to imagine it for you, what could possibly change from having slightly crazier authoritarian freaks in charge.

they're not slightly crazier, they're a whole lot crazier and just look to american history for all the cool stuff they'd like to bring back

e:

Larry Parrish posted:

For context I'm below the poverty line as it is. Things really can't get much worse for me. I guess ICE could just start openly deporting anyone with a funny name, instead of pretending to use a process. But honestly the cost of living is so low in central america that the free boat ride sounds nice.

like yeah, if you literally don't care that you could go into a concentration camp too, then i guess you don't care if the fascists gain more power. fair.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Dustcat posted:

lol you watch maddow

monitor's off

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
how long have the national guard been in washington dc at this point

THS
Sep 15, 2017

by January 2021 the powers that be were done with donald trump, thats why he lost. trump no longer served any use and no amount of chuds shooting congress people in the head would have resulted in trump remaining president. the country would have been too destabilized and frankly ungovernable, and no one who Actually Matters was going to go to bat for trump by january

thats why the team trying to overturn the election was led by a molting rudy giuliani and all the major republicans were humoring trump at best. the transition had already occurred, there was no going back

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dustcat posted:

I'm not assured of the power of institutions. I have surety of the power of the material interest who actually wield power in this country and that the United States of America has forever been their ally in pursuance of their interest. I have certainty that the President of the United States, while capable of shaping history, has never been its dictator and is forever a servant to the powerful interest in the United States and abroad.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

It sucks rear end that this forum occasionally has good posting but they put the worst offenders in the world when it comes to being super uncritical in charge lol. And how does this forum have 45 mods and IKs and I've only ever seen like 4 post? Even if you're a mega thread dipshit who needs to gently caress off like smarxist you think they'd post somewhere I'd see it eventually, right? It's the worst mods since the GBS era where they had stars such as the mod who got horny sniffing women's hair on the bus and was probably a pedophile, the other ones that were pedophiles etc. So using my power of deductive reasoning I can only assume that the CSPAM mods are also pedophiles, since they are equally unsociable and too weird to live in a free society

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

funny when they choose to enforce this one

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

really queer Christmas posted:

I think they should watch more, so they post less

also i'm gonna take this advice because it's frankly disheartening to be posting in the leftist therad on cspam having to argue that the right wing might be a serious threat lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Free Larry

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Dustcat posted:

also i'm gonna take this advice because it's frankly disheartening to be posting in the leftist therad on cspam having to argue that the right wing might be a serious threat lol

they are a serious threat, but not in the circumstances you imagined

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Larry Parrish posted:

It sucks rear end that this forum occasionally has good posting but they put the worst offenders in the world when it comes to being super uncritical in charge lol. And how does this forum have 45 mods and IKs and I've only ever seen like 4 post? Even if you're a mega thread dipshit who needs to gently caress off like smarxist you think they'd post somewhere I'd see it eventually, right? It's the worst mods since the GBS era where they had stars such as the mod who got horny sniffing women's hair on the bus and was probably a pedophile, the other ones that were pedophiles etc. So using my power of deductive reasoning I can only assume that the CSPAM mods are also pedophiles, since they are equally unsociable and too weird to live in a free society

rip

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

pouring one out for Larry

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
why does this forum keep chasing out its funniest posters

THS
Sep 15, 2017

free larry

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
how can you be as stupid as fluffdaddy, srsly

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
either ban everyone that does it or don't bother at all

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

lollontee posted:

how can you be as stupid as fluffdaddy, srsly

admins are a navelgazing lib clique

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Eox posted:

funny when they choose to enforce this one

lol the mods being butthurt over being called pedos is 100% the funniest poo poo in this world

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Dustcat posted:

i think what you're missing is that most of us conceive of the entire US government apparatus as "right wing", and the specific division of it that contains ted cruz or whatever to not be notably more threatening than the rest of it. at the very least there is a symbiotic relationship between your donalds trump and your joes biden such that each paves the way for the next to be more right-wing than their past incarnation

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
maybe the mods should stop loving children then

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

lol the mods being butthurt over being called pedos is 100% the funniest poo poo in this world

mostly it's the admins repeatedly leaving the mods out to dry and making sure they're never the ones that look bad, then swooping in and doing this when they get insulted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

lollontee posted:

maybe the mods should stop loving children then

been saying this