Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
I do think a decent chunk of people celebrating online are LGBTQ/minority folk who are happy that there's a better chance of less bad things happening and that's understandable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

gradenko_2000 posted:

As a minority I'd like to say that the problem is Biden is absolutely going to get away with bad things that are now no longer going to be considered as bad, because he will make the proper rationalizations for it.

Frankly it's just a little insulting that you're making this kind of generalization when it's minority and LGBT communities who are more capable of recognizing that this isn't a win for us because the guy who loves bombing brown people and the woman who threw trans women into men's jails do not give a gently caress about us.

They don't give much a poo poo at all, correct. However, the best move people can make regarding the presidency is to pressure the poo poo out of them to do the right thing, because there's opportunity to do SOMETHING. That's because Trump / Pence would actively, intentionally sabotage marginalized people if you even bothered to try.

Obviously Biden is going to have most of the same blood on his hands as any other president. What are you gunna do about it? Take the most morally clear road where your actions won't do poo poo, not work with anyone so you can feel like the system purposely rejected you on a personal level? You have to also take some responsibility for intentionally choosing a harder road that's more likely to fail.

You can vote for Biden AND fight for all the other poo poo too. You can hate the fucker but know that it's the better option.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

Y'all we all share some responsibility for bad poo poo that happens in this country by simply being aware of it. Obviously not as much as people in power, but we have to own up to our own responsibility in how we conduct our strategies to make the world a better place and the consequences of the risks we take.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

Cerebral Bore posted:

source ure succ

and in case you actually believe this poo poo then first lmao and second, if you're gonna keep voting for garbage in any case then why would the dems ever stop being garbage? they're getting the only thing they want from you anyway.

I take some responsibility for voting in someone who's done hosed up poo poo, yes. Trump in office is worse. I choose to vote for a candidate more likely to remove trump because I feel that him being out of office is vital. I also feel that any other strategy that clearly has a incredibly unrealistic chance of removing him too is even more irresponsible.

The right thing moving forward from that is to do whatever I can to try to push better policies locally/nationwide and meaningfully. If I ever wanted to try more radical changes, I am also responsible for making that radical change as realistic as possible, and to accept that radical change needs real work and sacrifice.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

Succ Zone is the part of the forums where people have super leftist values, but cannot seem to understand their own right wing tendencies / be vile to people / understand they're just on a forum which isn't really effective organizing work.

Essentially, theres no introspection about how they carry themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

Tbh a highly motivated desire to use the word retarded will not help you convince people of what you say is worth listening to no matter how actually true what you say is

If you enjoy having a persecution complex then feel free to use retarded to lessen the sway of your point though

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)