Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Condiv posted:

is there any real downside to just admitting everyone who wants to quit and getting them started on a program to wean them off? i've heard weaning people off with medical assistance works wonders, and I kind of doubt the usefulness of traditional methods since AA is still considered a useful traditional method and it sucks

Well yea.

It would cost the poor medical insurance companies a fortune and everyone in corporate would end up with a slightly smaller Christmas bonus.

There would be a significantly smaller subset of people suffering meaning my lording capabilities would be diminished. I'd get really sad if these people were somehow no longer worse off than me or maybe even doing better than me.

HIV and Hep C infections would likely indirectly drop as a result which will significantly effect Q3-Q4 profits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
This is why clean injection sites and readily available access to clean needles and funding for medical supervision and just funding in general is really really needed and should not be written off as simply: "gently caress those drug yooserrrrrrs!!!"

It's a major public health concern.

You could even say it puts your ordinary, God-fearing, never do drugs ever citizen at risk because it actually does.

And that's just with Hep-C. What about every other blood born disease or every other opportunistic bug that can use a skin break as the front door key to a mass production replication factory aka human?