Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

BarbarianElephant posted:

American doctors are way too free and easy with opioids. I had minor surgery in the UK, and got released from the hospital with nothing more than a "good luck." I had minor surgery in the USA a few years later and got a bottle of Percocet that could have kept me high for a week. I didn't need it, didn't use it (took one pill and found I didn't like it.) I have a pain issue (not all that bad, generally just nagging) and I feel like I really have to fight off a Percocet prescription every time I see anyone about it. I feel like I'm getting the message "If you are hurting, take Percocet, or else you aren't taking enough steps to control your pain." I don't want to take the nasty stuff. It constipates me and makes me loopy, plus, it's addictive and my pain isn't going to clear up soon, so I don't want to get addicted.

I dislocated my shoulder in the UK, got IV morphine/midazolam by the doctors and then had my shoulder put back pain free and that was that. It happened in the US and they popped it back in with no pain relief then gave me a percocet prescription when the pain almost immediately went away lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Morphine doesn't really get you high if you take it as prescribed so while you'll definitely feel it if you're taking it for a long time and stop you're not going to get high like oxy assuming its a standard liquid solution. I

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Kratom derivatives might show some promise here. Or do they count as opioids?

based off the amount of TCC posters getting massive addictions from it probably but that might have been the tincture that was probably an opiate research chemical