Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
It would be pretty easy and cheap to put them out of their misery (so to speak) by supplying them with clean, precisely metered opioids, and it would also largely remove the negative externalities you're talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

Except when they, oh, drive, interact with the public, are responsible for children, or sell a portion of their meds to finance their lifestyles.

So just like half of the country conked out on a panoply of pills then

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
The enclosure movement ended in the 17th century MIGF please update your memory banks

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

the black husserl posted:

I think there's a very good chance Sessions and the Trump administration switch the narrative away from "let's help the poor white addicts" to a Duterte style "These people are degenerate and parasites, let them die."

Would not be surprised to see federal legislation banning local needle exchanges, safe injection sites, and preventing police departments from carrying Narcan. Remember that The War on Drugs and federal policy explicitly created our current nightmare. First we got the country hooked on insane amounts of Oxy, then we banned it and now everybody has to shoot up heroin. None of this is unplanned.

Actually now that I'm thinking about it, it's more likely they just roll back the opiate restrictions and start giving out Oxy like candy again with the OD deaths as justification. And it would work!

Meanwhile, getting "safe" (you get addicted, but at least you don't OD) opiates like Oxy and morphine has become completely impossible except for the ultra rich. Hmmm, wonder why this situation exists?

idk heroin seems like a big white person problem so he could be more sympathetic

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Doctors thinking Tramadol isn't addictive has always astounded me. Like, how is it even possible to be that ignorant? It's your job to know this stuff! Do these dumb fucks just take everything drug reps tell them as gospel? (the answer is yes)

It's the same bullshit they used to sell oxys and vicodin back in the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Economic inequality is the pile of kindling and prescription opioids was the match tossed on top to start the conflagration.