Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Solkanar512 posted:

So I keep seeing stories about how prescription rates in the US are really high compared to other nations so therefore patients are giant pansies who need to suffer through their pain.

How do we know that pain meds are being prescribed too much rather than other nations simply not caring about pain? It seems rather cruel to tell a patient, "just suck it up, it's only terminal cancer". How much higher are these rates? Are doctors generally giving refills on these automatically? Or does this have to do with the lack of records that cross state lines?

doctors literally don't give a poo poo dude. they will hand you a 15 day script for hydros if you straight up don't look/act like a junkie and have a serious enough problem. hell i had a psychiatrist just hand me a klonopin script even when i was like 'uh are you sure this is a good idea?" most doctors just write scripts for "once daily as needed" so to most people that means one every day, two if u need it. and since these drugs are very quick to form tolerances it ends with people taking way more than what was prescribed and getting addicted - but they still need treatment.

black market precription drugs are usually the massive pile of drugs that patients sell to drug dealers cause they take maybe 10 pills a month and they get prescribed 30 and hey poo poo its free money. the people buying them? the people who ran out of their 30 day script on day 15

nigga crab pollock fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
probably because giving those pills to other people is a felony and selling is probably like a double felony

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

My Imaginary GF posted:

If you wish for quality prescription drugs, perhaps you should purchase an insurance policy which does not negotiate prices on "used" drugs.

so after you get addicted to hydros you get a mimimum wage job to pay for those hydros but having a part time job makes you lose eligibility for medicade so now u gotta pay for an insurance plan that only buys premium, fresh drugs

ronald reagan's ghost just popped a boner

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

My Imaginary GF posted:

gee, maybe you should move to a state which expanded medicaid eligability and get the gently caress out of your shithole? One can only help those who help themselves, and those who insist upon living in the south deserve what they get.

I still think that used drugs should be a fremium for a DealR type app. Why the gently caress not disrupt the pharma industry like uber has taxis? What are cities gonna do?

thanks for setting up a straw man down there, maybe once he finds his brain he'll realize what a mistake that was

its honestly not a bad idea by itself but with the state of everything it would not go well probably

nigga crab pollock fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 9, 2016