Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

KingFisher posted:

Sorry I just don't get it.

Addicts become addicts by choice, they took the drugs, they wanted to get high.
They stay junkies by choice, they keep taking the drugs, they like staying high.
They refuse to get clean by not choosing to deal with withdrawal symptoms.

I feel 0 sympathy for these people, just suck it up and quit.
They clearly like being a junkie and all the consequences there of more that the benefits of being clean.
Its a clear and rational choice they are making.

Okay. If it's so easy to get clean, then I suggest you go get yourself heavily addicted to smack, go clean, then write a book about your experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

PT6A posted:

I know addiction is an illness, not a moral or personal failing, but good lord does it seem to be correlated with stupidity in a lot of cases. Will they literally ask anyone with access to a prescription pad or what?

When you're addicted, access to your drug is right at the bottom of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs for you. If you're out of your drug, you don't particularly care about not looking stupid.