Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Albino Squirrel posted:

There's only one clinic routinely providing heroin-assisted treatment in North America to my knowledge, and that's in Vancouver.

If you're talking about Insite they only provide safe, supervised injection, not drugs. It's still whatever the person brings in from the street.

However it's still a hell of a lot safer for them when that Heroin they thought they were injecting turns out to be Fentanyl since they're now surrounded by nurses, doctors, and a pile of Naloxone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

According to reports it's been popping up in an apparently non-insignificant amount of MDMA in Toronto also.

One theory is dealers aren't exactly the most safe when it comes to cross-contamination (i.e. it could be accidental). And with something that potent that's loving spooky.

Regardless, it's been occasionally killing club kids lately.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/04/08/1-dead-four-others-in-hospital-following-ecstasy-overdoses.html

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 25, 2017

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

So interesting development here in Canada on our similar Opioid issue:

https://twitter.com/AndreaWoo/status/1531699777238208512?s=20&t=DVjQDYh0G9SMYYNU0Nh29g

Feds announced starting next year (and in BC only for now), small amounts of hard drugs are going to be decriminalized. Up to 2.5 grams, with exceptions for schools and airports etc... No charges, no ticket, no seizures if under that amount.

Amount is smaller than BC was asking for (they wanted 4.5g) but it's a start I suppose.