Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaroni Surprise
Nov 13, 2012

PT6A posted:

Yeah, cannabis leaves you totally functional :rolleyes:

I'm a fan of it, but let's not pretend it doesn't get you really hosed up.

Working as an addiction counselor has made me a massive fan of medical marijuana for pain. The potential danger is so much lower than even low-dose opiates that in my mind it should be used as a first-pass medication to cope with chronic pain. I'd rather have any client addicted to marijuana over painkillers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaroni Surprise
Nov 13, 2012

KingFisher posted:

Sorry I just don't get it.

Addicts become addicts by choice, they took the drugs, they wanted to get high.
They stay junkies by choice, they keep taking the drugs, they like staying high.
They refuse to get clean by not choosing to deal with withdrawal symptoms.

I feel 0 sympathy for these people, just suck it up and quit.
They clearly like being a junkie and all the consequences there of more that the benefits of being clean.
Its a clear and rational choice they are making.

You're right, you just don't get it.

Macaroni Surprise
Nov 13, 2012
I'd like to hear some information if anyone here knows about Vivitrol. It's a newer opioid antagonist that I'm optimistic about. I've seen a few clients have great results with it, but my knowledge about it is only anecdotal.