Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I was prescribed Vicodin for a knee ache, and then for post-surgery from getting it scoped.

They gave me 4 refills and when I went through those they called in 4 more without me ever seeing the doctor.

It was a knee scope. poo poo stops hurting after like a week.

Oh, and they upped my dosage from 5mg to 7.5mg to 10mg based on phone calls I made to the nurse. And the refills on all the 5mg doses and 7.5mg doses were still valid.

I was basically drugged out for a full year until I moved and ended up quitting cold turkey and holy poo poo the shakes and sweats that accompanied that. I'll stick with Tylenol for the rest of my natural existence please and thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

I think one aspect of this problem is that many doctors are very ignorant about opioids and addiction. It's a very common belief among doctors, for example, than the medication tramadol (trade name Ultram I think) isn't addictive. This is complete and utter nonsense and objectively false, yet it is commonly believed by doctors because doctors generally believe whatever drug reps tell them.

Yes, my doctors told me this, which I found to be patently false as well.