Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

PT6A posted:

What ended up happening with krokodil? That's what we were all freaking out about last year, I recall.

I don't know much about the chemistry, but I read that since one of the precursor drugs, codeine is controlled, it is not profitable to cook in the US.

In Russia codeine is over the counter, which is why it is a huge problem there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The Governor of Maine vetoed a bill that would make naloxone more available yesterday because...

quote:

"Creating a situation where an addict has a heroin needle in one hand and a shot of naloxone in the other produces a sense of normalcy and security around heroin use that serves only to perpetuate the cycle of addiction,"

Making something less lethal lets it cause more harm? Got it. What we should be doing is make it more lethal, that way it won't cause any harm. :downs:

Here's a Vice News link on the story.

deoju fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 23, 2016

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Grundulum posted:

Do recall, though, that the governor of Maine is one of the stupidest people without a clinical diagnosis of deficiency.

Edit: your link is broken.

Yes, but he keeps finding new and interesting ways to express it!

Here's a fixed link so you don't have to go back a page.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
This was news to me: Opiod addicts using massive doses of an anti-diarrhea medication for withdrawals and getting high.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Here's a good, long article about the Purdue Pharmaceutical and the Sackler family who are at the epicenter of the epidemic.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1038392757935656960

I don't even know where to start with this.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Here's an interesting read. The author describes his own experiences, and the institutional and legal failings surrounding his treatment and recovery.

https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/1185657350960627717?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/21/business/purdue-pharma-guilty-plea/index.html
Purdue pleads guilty.
:woop::fuckoff::toot::commissar: