Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

Manufacturers should be able to buy back their products, in order to re-sell them at a lower price point.

Is it illegal to give away drugs to manufacturers? I don't see how implementing a rewards program like a Japanese pachinko parlour wouldn't help to get drugs off the street while lowering the budget deficit by allowing medicare/medicaid to negotiate for "used" drug prices.

You're (probably) not serious, but quality control would be a huge issue in a hypothetical pill buyback program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I focused on the word "offering" in Cugel the Clever's post. Assisted suicide is its own can of worms, but it is less outrageous than the euthanasia that Sedanchair and Ytlaya read it as.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

jabby posted:

I am always cautious of pseudo-addiction. If someone is in pain then of course they are going to ask for painkillers, and branding them addicted unless they show a distinct pattern of harmful use is like saying a diabetic is addicted to insulin.

This seems like a pretty concise analogy. I'll file it away for later use if I need it.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

I meant in the USA, there aren't any safe injection sites and I'm sure the attempts to start it up in New York and California will be stomped to bits as soon as it gains enough traction for media to start crying about taxpayer funded drug dens.

Which makes no sense to me. If addicts are provided free drugs, doesn't that eliminate the incentive to steal to pay for the next hit? You'd think the same population crowing about taxpayer-funded drug dens would love a reduction in crime. Actually, you'd think everyone but the prison system would love a reduction in crime.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

deoju posted:

The Governor of Maine vetoed a bill that would make naloxone more available yesterday because...

Making something less lethal lets it cause more harm? Got it. What we should be doing is make it more lethal, that way it won't cause any harm. :downs:

Here's a Vice News link on the story.

Do recall, though, that the governor of Maine is one of the stupidest people without a clinical diagnosis of deficiency.

Edit: your link is broken.