Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

Jesus Christ posted:

..Time Warner collections stuff..
Holy moly.

I had a collections account for Time Warner show up on my Experian credit report last July out of the blue. I sent in a dispute to Experian with a copy of my lease and a power bill as proof that I didn't live in the service area in 2014 when I supposedly had service & Experian removed it without comment like 2 weeks later. About 3-4 weeks after Experian removed it, the same agency reported it to Transunion, but the date opened and delinquency date changed from 2014 to 2007. I couldn't have had service with them in either year, so I sent a dispute to Transunion with a copy of what I sent Experian & a copy of their findings. TU removed the collections account from my report three hours after I sent the dispute. It showed up twice on my Equifax credit report, once in July and again in August.

I only found out about the collections account because it showed up on my credit report the very same day I applied for a car loan with my credit union :suicide:

pig slut lisa posted:

3) Call Time Warner and probably spend 90 minutes wading through some robotic help menu and then when you finally get to a person ask them if they can give you more info about the collections you see from them.
Almost forgot this tidbit. I included a chat transcript with a Time Warner rep confirming they had no record of any account, delinquent or otherwise, under my name or social security number. I did have to call their collections department to confirm for sure with them which I also noted on the dispute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread