Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should we name our subforum in this, the year 2016?
This poll is closed.
Go back to ADTRW! 208 33.60%
Go back to VEGETA! 201 32.47%
What about just "Anime"? Like how Games is just Games? 133 21.49%
What about the totally hilarious idea I'm about to propose ITT? 77 12.44%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's time to name our subforum for the year.

The Rules
  • Voting is open from now until 1:00 AM PST on Saturday, January 23rd.
  • You can vote for multiple categories if you want or every category if you really don't care.
  • If ADTRW wins, the acronym will revert to Animated Drawings To Replace Women.
  • If VEGETA wins, we'll leave this thread open to decide what the acronym should be.
  • Posting about your picks is fine and discussing them is encouraged. If you haven't already made up your mind, feel free to read what some people are saying before voting.
  • If the last option wins, well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
  • You may not use the last option to vote for Donald Trump Campaign Headquarters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

pandaK posted:

I can't believe u folded to pressure and started this thread early
I didn't fold, I just realized over dinner that starting on Friday would delay the results even further.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Endorph posted:

i voted for all 4, because you can do that, because seafood is a fuckup

Bad Seafood posted:

• You can vote for multiple categories if you want or every category if you really don't care.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

the only thing i want is the chihayafuru CSS
This may actually be possible at some point now that Zen Death Robot's been gutting and replacing the intestinal framework of this place, but no promises.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Fret not, friends.

One of the pledges I took when they swore me in was to avoid doing things that would make Boom Boom happy.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'd be OK with the mod naming it whatever he likes and changing it as often as he likes.
That's still going to happen when appropriate/funny/unfunny, but I might as well let the people vote on what the default is.

Strange Quark posted:

I wasn't too big on VEGETA because I don't think the forum name should be referencing any particular series.
I agree in principle with two exceptions:
  • If you were going to reference a specific series, DBZ at least is high profile enough to be universally recognizable.
  • If you're going to have rotating names for the subforum, I think it's okay to reference specific series from time to time with the knowledge that this too shall pass.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Technically, you could also make the same argument in favor of no CSS.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Davincie posted:

the stylesheet could just be a choice people, like fyad has
If a CSS ends up being in the cards, naturally we'll switch it out from time to time.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'll also be honest and say regardless of what wins, or would've won, I still think of this place as ADTRW and refer to it as such in communications and conversation.

We may have wanted, and still may get, another name, but for better or worse that's what it is to me.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Kylra posted:

Also, if ADTRW wins we should probably have a short runoff between Animated Drawings to Replace Women and Anime Dominates the Real World.
If ADTRW wins I will periodically change what the acronym stands for but never tell anyone when it happens.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Antisocial Desperadoes Treat Robots Well.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Space Flower posted:

NTR too short, NETORARE too long. :shrug:
That's a ban.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Arrogant Deities Training Replacement Warriors.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

By mod fiat the new name of the subforum will be That Japanese Game From Japan You Like Is Totally Anime, What You Like Is Anime.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Dorothy.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

:sax:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Soon.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Anyway, ADTRW won the poll and is now once again our "Default" name, i.e. our name when we can't think of something better/the joke gets old.

Once the novelty of having the longest forum title wears off (whenever that is) we'll switch back to the people's choice. Until then, enjoy annoying everyone who posts in Games.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The silent majority will be furious, as they always secretly are.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Namtab posted:

But what will the acronym be????? Open a poll!

Bad Seafood posted:

If ADTRW wins I will periodically change what the acronym stands for but never tell anyone when it happens.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'll ping you on Steam.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Needs Anime Mammaries, Tits, And Baps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I Can't Believe My Thread Is This Locked!

• Locked thread