Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Do we know that Randler doesn't have women locked in his basement?

If he doesn't, it's probably purely because he doesn't want to give them a free ride, economically speaking

can you imagine the lectures those poor women would have to endure from him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I feel like vanilla bean cheesecake is the only valid dessert option at a lot of mid-level chain restaurants in the US

the rest are gross sugar bombs without any concept of restraint
What about plain cheesecake? Or something with some berries?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Josh Lyman posted:

What about plain cheesecake? Or something with some berries?

There's nothing wrong with either, I've just noticed that a lot of places specifically offer Vanilla Bean Cheesecake specifically, probably because it's more words on the page

Also lol at a chain restaurant offering a light and simple dessert with berries as a base. It's all CHOCO-SWEET CUPCAKE BROWNIE PANCREATIC HOLOCAUST

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

why are you eating restaurant desserts instead of eating cookies when you get home???
waste of money I say

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rollofthedice posted:

what's everyone's favorite type of bean?
grey beans, latvian specialty i have not seen in any other country

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
More places should try their hands at a tiramisu

granted it'd probably result in a lot of subpar tiramisu, but at least it's a sugary indulgence with some flavor and texture to it

have some loving dignity, ffs

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

the_paradigm_shift posted:

why are you eating restaurant desserts instead of eating cookies when you get home???
waste of money I say
*makes nutella salami sandwich*

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/GerryAdamsSF/status/710137475281395712

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Wouldn't want to piss off the Irish, they might start making pipe bombs or trying to kill minor British royals again

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

I remember this guy drove like a BMW 850i

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

kalstrams posted:

*makes nutella salami sandwich*

i hope nobody ever lets you pack the cooler

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I start tipping if staff accepts individual responsibility for food quality. :colbert:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i hope nobody ever lets you pack the cooler
on a completely unrelated note, salami actually does work reasonably well with plain salami

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

things you do when you run out of butter mid-raid

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

lol

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
exmarx do you want to schedule a meltdown for bernie's increasingly inevitable failure, or can we expect a gradual decline until the convention

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This is top 5 thread on the forums confirm/deny

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

deny

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

There's nothing wrong with either, I've just noticed that a lot of places specifically offer Vanilla Bean Cheesecake specifically, probably because it's more words on the page

Also lol at a chain restaurant offering a light and simple dessert with berries as a base. It's all CHOCO-SWEET CUPCAKE BROWNIE PANCREATIC HOLOCAUST

a friend once took me to claim jumpers and you have to understand, i did not grow up going to chain restaurants. my parents believed in home cooking balanced meals almost exclusively and going to high end restaurants the few times we ate out. if i went places with friends it would just be to a hamburger stand or a taco truck, maybe a noodle house.

so i'm at this chain restaurant and i order something straight forward like a burger or ribs, and this huge loving monstrosity is put in front of me, just a mound of protein and starch that could easily feed three adult humans. so i pick at it and make a little progress while my friend demolishes their entrée. then the server asks if we want dessert and my friend does want the chocolate cake, and i'm now afraid to order anything, visions of monstrosities lumbering through my mind. then i see that they have éclairs on the menu. light, puffy pot de choux right? a pastry to have with a small cup of coffee in a café, what could be the harm? So i order it. out to the table comes an éclair the size of a loving football, i poo poo you not. the éclair is buried under half a pound of whipped cream and served with roughly a quart of vanilla ice cream. all together the dish had to weigh four pounds, and i can't begin to fathom the number of calories it contained. probably enough for three or four days of rigorous activity.

that thing loving haunts my nightmares, and i categorically refuse to go to family oriented chain restaurants under any and all circumstances

GhostofJohnMuir fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Mar 17, 2016

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Rollofthedice posted:

happy saint patrick's day, dadchat!

rude

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

in america, ireland is only understood to be boiled beef and cabage, whiskey, beer, and violence

and green vomit

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
also many americans will tip their hat to ireland by ordering black and tans and irish carbombs

this is why the other countries of the world love us

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

exmarx do you want to schedule a meltdown for bernie's increasingly inevitable failure, or can we expect a gradual decline until the convention

i've never even implied he had a chance, and laid out my intention to call hillary clinton bad a million times before he announced his candidacy, so

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Exclamation Marx posted:

i've never even implied he had a chance, and laid out my intention to call hillary clinton bad a million times before he announced his candidacy, so

I'm sure someone will refute this, but I only wanted to tease you a bit and I'm tired besides

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Josh Lyman posted:

no

this is the best thread, you should post in it

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rude :colbert:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
i'm really sad about brazil

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
do we seriously just not have any laws on this whatsoever or what. the dumbest loving oversight ever

https://twitter.com/fanazer_JTG/status/710172986255548417

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

wow the fifth reply in that thread is someone whining about the forums after saying they got their money's worth, saying very clearly they won't be back
Reregged with an av, way to show lowtax buddy

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

do we seriously just not have any laws on this whatsoever or what. the dumbest loving oversight ever

i take it as a positive sign that they feel they need lobbyists now

i guess ever since we've had a president that won't publicly make out with their head of state they've been feeling neglected

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-rftpZ7kCY

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Volkerball posted:

AIPAC.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n3m9xVqKiY

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Josh Lyman posted:

i always welcome more atlanta goons

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Hey look more making GBS threads on the Logan Act.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

sudo rm -rf posted:

i always welcome more atlanta goons
I think you'll find I'M the Atlanta goon round these parts

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I don't have any ill will towards atlantans, maybe I should work on that.
Maybe if I paid attention and learned suburb names I could pick on only the deserving

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i mean, i never really saw the 'hillary looks scary' angle but after watching this broad city ep im slightly terrified.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I don't have any ill will towards atlantans, maybe I should work on that.
Maybe if I paid attention and learned suburb names I could pick on only the deserving
Suburbs are full of the GOPe. ITP is where it's at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Josh Lyman posted:

I think you'll find I'M the Atlanta goon round these parts

i can't parse this

• Locked thread